🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 175 — Mop Water

The Fall Season is upon us and who better to join us other than star of stage and screen Justin Kirk! Justin stops by to talk about his new show Animal Practice, working on Angels in America, and his first role in the theatre. We are also joined by the mysterious Mike the Janitor who might have a connection to Andrew Lloyd Webber. Don’t forget to pick up the Comedy Bang! Bang! LIVE Summer Tour episodes!

• Like 1

Comedy Bang Bang has had some strange, strange episodes over the years, but I feel like this one may go down as the single weirdest episode in history. It was like CBB filtered through Lost (or David Lynch), and then filtered again through mescaline; and believe me, I mean that to be complimentary.

• Like 4

Comedy Bang Bang has had some strange, strange episodes episodes over the years, but I feel like this one may go down as the single weirdest episode in history. It was like CBB filtered through Lost, and then filtered again through mescaline; and believe me, I mean that to be complimentary.

Agreed.

But is it canon?

• Like 1

I didn't find anything especially strange about this episode, just seemed fairly routine to me. Nice twist on the usual Andrew Lloyd Webber appearance. I do like they just bailed on making the story go full-circle at the end.

Oh and uh we can give people 'lifts' without it meaning elevator in England. We do also use the word elevator as well. Also elevator surely comes from the word elevate which means to "lift or raise something to a higher position" So surely calling them elevators has the same problem as calling them lifts.

I loved the brief return of Scott's "Maybe It's Just Me" segment from the CBB TV show.

• Like 1

Can we get a whole episode with Mike the Janitor? Feels like you guys only scratched the surface...

• Like 2

I have to say, the most absurd episode is definitely with Adam Scott and Alan Rickman, but this did get pretty silly.

I thought I was going to end the episode without bursting into laughter at my desk, but then Mike the Janitor forgot what happened after he took his clothes off. The rest is history.

Mike the Janitor's 'Pardon The Interruption' pull caught me off guard.

"Forgive This Intrusion, also the name of my favorite sports television program."

• Like 4

Surprised Dame Sir ALW didn't suggest a musical version of Angels in America, maybe a catchy, emotional romp about how AIDS affects the lives of a group of New Yorkers, maybe taking place over 525,600 minutes.

• Like 1

When Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber was confessing his true feelings to Scottrick, I was DIEING to jump in there and shout "My god, he's passing out from all the blood loss! Scott we have to get this lord to a hospital immeadiately! -after plugs."

• Like 1

LL Cool Jason Alexander was brilliant in the Broadway adaptation of "Any Given Sunday". I remember the guys on Forgive This Intrusion raving about it at the time.

I loved the episode, but have to admit my disappointment that the discussion of Mike's New Jersey/Italian accent and WTF didn't lead to a classic "MARC MA-RON!"

• Like 1

Paul F Tompkins mayhaps be my favorite comedian ever. Maybe it's just me, but for me comedy is really good for getting a laugh started.

• Like 2

Can't help but hear Stewie when PFT does ALW. PFT's football shaped head doesn't help.

I didn't find anything especially strange about this episode, just seemed fairly routine to me. Nice twist on the usual Andrew Lloyd Webber appearance. I do like they just bailed on making the story go full-circle at the end.

Oh and uh we can give people 'lifts' without it meaning elevator in England. We do also use the word elevator as well. Also elevator surely comes from the word elevate which means to "lift or raise something to a higher position" So surely calling them elevators has the same problem as calling them lifts.

To be fair, Prince calls them de-elevators.

One of the most insane episodes of all time. I was a little disappointed by the shift back to ALW until Mike made a surprise visit during plugs, which evened things out/made things ten times more wonderfully confusing.

One of the most memorable episodes of the year for sure.

• Like 1

One episode deep I love everything about Animal Practice except the animals.

I just watched it and thought it was pretty good. It seems like an odd oversight that Justin didn't mention that it briefly features a song composed by none other than LALW himself.