🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 69 — Astral Projection

Impressions are all over the place on this week’s Professor Blastoff! We are joined by our very own audio engineer/nephew Cody Skully to talk about Astral Projection. Cody discusses the differences between lucid dreams & projecting, different dimensions, exit techniques, and his experience with Astral Projection.

Aaron took a beating, but hung tough. (Gulp!) I am so looking forward to the all-Aaron episode!!!!

So great to hear all the love flowing to Tig (and her teats)!

Banananutmuffin65 is my favorite twitter person.

Nice to hear #PBOparty mention!! @TigFansUnite getting a name-check!!! Go Eva!

Welp, that's been comment.

• Like 3

Complete un-skeptical pseudoscience. Nothing that isn't consistent with imagination, near-sleep states, and sensory deprevation, but presented as "spiritual".

• Like 4

I've never had an astral projection, but I can say for sure that I have had many many lucid dreams. About 10 years ago I started trying some of the exercises and training similar to what Cody was describing. One excercise in particular, at least for lucid dreaming, is to keep a journal right next to your bed and as soon as you wake up start writing down what you remember of your dream the best you can. By reading your entries over and over, this will teach your sub conscious to look for visual cues during your dream to let you know that you are in fact dreaming and not in reality. Also similar to what Cody stated it is very difficult to control your dream even when you know you are dreaming. If you try to do to much and control everything within the dream you will most likely wake yourself up. I think it has to do with your conscious mind battling your sub conscious mind. Anyway, its definatley possible and anyone can do it. I no longer do the exercises anymore but every so often I can find a cue within my dream to "wake me up" and I can control it for a little bit. It really is amazing!

Oh, Ramhand.

"I am a diagnosed schizophrenic" might have been the most unintentionally funny line in Earwolf history. Or maybe not even funny, but one hell of a twist ending.

I don't disagree with Matt Miller above. Cody sounds sincere and I am not going to poop on his belief that he may be achieving some special spiritual progress. By definition faith is unprovable. It would be nice if the same open-mindedness in discussions could extend to traditional religions. Not singling out the PBO gang, but often these days it seems non-traditional stuff gets the benefit of the doubt and respect whereas faith of the Judeo-Christian variety gets a lot of ridicule (invisible guy-in-the-sky, pulling strings).

I'd love to see an educated, Christian or Jewish church spokesman (or woman) discuss their faith with the gang. Granted lots of bad has been done in the name of religion over the centuries and lots of bad people have cloaked themselves in religion to get away with wrong-doing, but true faith and belief are not evil or stupid and help many people every day.

My two cents. Flame away if you wish.

• Like 2

Schizophrenia is a pretty terrifying disorder when it gets severe.

Right. To be clear, "funny" was a bad choice of words on my part. I definitely didn't mean to make light of schizophrenia itself, just that revealing it at the end sort of makes me look at the preceding 45 minutes in a different light.

• Like 1

Right. To be clear, "funny" was a bad choice of words on my part. I definitely didn't mean to make light of schizophrenia itself, just that revealing it at the end sort of makes me look at the preceding 45 minutes in a different light.

I was about 90% sure that's what you meant, but thanks for clarifying.

I took it as a joke, but who knows. The reaction from the hatch seemed similarly unsure.

Oh, I just took another listen, and he indeed says, "Just kidding" after the laughter dies down.

• Like 1

Hey Guys, thanks for listening! I don't have schizophrenia.

OK, then it WAS INTENTIONALLY funny!

(Still totally not making light of schizophrenia.)

PS, I don't know if it had already been recorded at the time, but I asked Kulap and Howard (on Twitter) to ask you about this episode if you do Tooch this week. Mostly I just want to hear their thoughts on the subject since each will surely be fascinating in their own way.

• Like 1

Okay, not making fun of the condition at all, but him dropping that in to totally invalidate everything he had said IS HILARIOUS! Also, has there ever been a better message on the Earwolf message boards than "Hey Guys, thanks for listening! I don't have schizophrenia."?

Good to hear Ramhand! I wouldn't wish schizophrenia on my worst enemy.

As a side note, that was an Aaron of a clip selection. Not only did the narrator sound ridiculous, but the content was so absurd (Imagine that this thing happened!). Classic Aaron.

Listening to this episode, I constantly had Charlie Brown echoing in my head: "Good grief.."

I've listened to about 40 episodes & I love this show, but holy shit, were they always this mean to that Aaron(sp?) guy? It's so consistent that it doesn't feel like a bit, which leads me to ask, why did they ever even have him on the show in the first place? So hilarious, R.I.P. Aaron if you died or something.

I've listened to about 40 episodes & I love this show, but holy shit, were they always this mean to that Aaron(sp?) guy? It's so consistent that it doesn't feel like a bit, which leads me to ask, why did they ever even have him on the show in the first place? So hilarious, R.I.P. Aaron if you died or something.

it's totally a bit.

• Like 2

Making fun of him is a bit, but to be fair he did mess up a lot, so I'm not sure if his messing up was to keep the bit going. If so I need to give him some credit I never thought of before.

Thinking it over I remember tearing up during the Nelson Mandella speech on one of the live episodes.

Sign in to follow this