🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 44 — Straight Holes

You’ll want to give someone a Christian Hug after listening to this week’s improv4humans! Lauren Lapkus, Dave Theune, and Eugene Cordero join Matt Besser to make purple with a special Lauren Lapkus Birthday episode filled with scenes about tripping on mushrooms, the fork cartel, annoying customer service representatives, and murder house tours. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

Matt did that Halloween story happen back in 1994 or 1995? I lived about 45 minutes away from Chicago and remember trick or treating in terrible rain one of those years.

Three stand out things from this episode:

- Lauren Lapkus' character in the 'fork cartel'. Straight holes fucking killed me.

- Triple-party

- The last scene breaking into 'reality' and connecting with the Serial Killer Tour.

• Like 2

I thought that last scene was pretty great, although I was a little surprised that a guy like Matt Besser (who has gone on the record a number of times about his general distaste for "meta" comedy) would open the door to such a "meta" concept as "real" improv comedy actors interacting with fictional improv comedy constructs in a scene.

Yeeeeeah. That makes me want to get out on the dance floor! ...and lame again.

You slay me besser. Im glad I never heard that song before so I could actually enjoy listening to it.

• Like 1

SO HAPPY THEUNE WAS ON! He's one of my absolute favorite improvisers on the planet. If you live in LA and don't already, make a point to see Bangarang whenever they're on Harold night. A better time cannot be had.

• Like 1

Great episdoe. My basement stairs are the most dangerous things known to mankind and everyone in my house has taken a fall down them at some point. I think from this point forward they shall be known as "the tumble stairs" in the hopes that someone, someday will say "Cool tumble stairs though".

• Like 1

Matt did that Halloween story happen back in 1994 or 1995? I lived about 45 minutes away from Chicago

I seem to remember that too, pretty sure it was 94 as that was the last time i trick or treated.. out of curiosity, 45 minutes which way? I was in good ol' Belvidere at the time.

• Like 1

Matt, as someone who used to work for Discover Card in their soul-crushing activations department, I can tell you that your card is activated as soon as you finish the computerized portion of the activation.. You can hang up as soon as it says you are being transferred to a person to confirm your activation. When i had first started there, I remember asking my trainer, "if the system is automated, why do they need to talk to us, doesn't that sort of negate the point of the automated system?" I did not get a clear answer..

They were asking you about your purchase amounts to try to get you to sign up for a rewards card which has a monthly fee, or to see if they could enroll you in some BS credit protection that puts your debt on hold like Aflac does in case you are unable to work due to an emergency..complete garbage.

anyways.. glad i left

This episode is so fantastic. The ending "we cut to Lauren's house after improv4humans" was hilarious, but did anyone else get a really big kick out of Matt Besser getting pumped up to Nicki Minaj? Didn't see that coming!

• Like 4

I did! Everyone was super jazzed when the beat dropped during that song. I had to pause so as to not drown out the podcast with my laughter.

Even the banter in this show makes my day

• Like 1

I seem to remember that too, pretty sure it was 94 as that was the last time i trick or treated.. out of curiosity, 45 minutes which way? I was in good ol' Belvidere at the time.

'94 sounds right, at least I'm not insane.

I lived in Crown Point, Indiana and my dad commuted to work in Chicago every day... Just google mapped Belvidere and you were on the opposite side of Chicago from me.

• Like 1

Matt Besser’s Halloween Mushroom story just made my vote for HOF Opening/Q&A. That last scene was so funny. I cracked up the whole time as you could hear Lauren Lapkus working through why she chose to go analingus, how she’s not proud of that being her go to, yet that is now her legacy…hahaha too good. I also loved MB needling her on it, acting as her boyfriend, “Oh…those guys”

Side note: does anyone remember, and could you please remind me, which episode had people falling in love with the sun? I think Brian Huskey was pimping out the sun or something?

Best episodes were Parham/St, Claire/Mantzoukas, Adam McKay & Chris Gethard, and the Tebow Bonus episode; if someone listens to any of those three and doesn't immediately listen to the rest of the episodes then they're dead (to me and just in general).

Great episode! The best quote of the episode has to be "Suck my... anus please." I think Lauren was going to say something other than anus but when she did everyone exploded in laughter.

I think this is the first time I've heard Matt Besser cut to "reality" in a scene. That was a genius way to end the episode. Simply brilliant.

"I don't want that! Don't go over there!"

Oh my god straight holes. Oh my god short straight holes. This show is too good.

^^ what the bloody H was that, and why did it need both a producer and an associated production company?

I swear there isn't a more consistently incredible podcast. The level of creativity that this show brings every week is just insane.

• Like 1

Everyone was great, but Lauren must have been feeling that birthday mojo, because she couldn't be beat!!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this