🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
writtensarcasm

Dudley Do-Right (1999)

Brendan Fraser as Dudley Do-Right, Alfred Molina as Snidely Whiplash, and also featuring Sarah Jessica Parker.

A 14% on Rotten Tomatoes, a budget of $70 million and a domestic gross of less than $10 million. I actually liked this movie growing up but it definitely deserves to be featured on HDTGM.

This is the second film that Brendan Fraser starred in that was based on a Jay Ward cartoon (first was George of the Jungle) and his second Hugh Wilson-directed movie (first was Blast from the Past from earlier in 1999), and needless to say, that didn't work out for him this time around.

Its funny that this bombed while George of the Jungle helped launch him into stardom. Neither really has an edge on another in terms of quality.

I used to work for one of the producers of this movie. He saw me looking at the poster once and sighed: "That's the worst movie I ever made. Got to buy a house, though."

• Like 2

Which were worse, the Jay Ward or the Hanna-Barbera live action movies?

probably the Hannah-Barbera ones, at least in my opinion.

• Like 1

Yea I watched the Jetsons Movie the other day, as fucking awful as Dudley Do Right or George of the Jungle were, Jetsons movie was almost unwatchable.