🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 176 — Out of Bleeps

The funniest person in the universe, Amy Poehler, reveals which foreign show that Parks and Recreation is based on this week on Comedy Bang Bang! Fan favorite Jason Mantzoukas uses his co-hosting duties to help countdown the Twelve Days of the Emmys, obsess about thirtysomething, and talk politics. Talk radio host Tom Leykis drops by as well to share the ins and outs of Leykis 101. We play a new game called Speed Round and show off our skills during the Freestyle Rap Battle. Plus, a irresistibly delicious game of Would You Rather?

Such a great episode already! I just finished re-watching the last season of Parks and Rec in preparation for the upcoming season, so the timing of this episode is extra perfect.

A Poehler Freestyle Rap AND Would You Rather in one episode?

• Like 1

I dig that James Adomian often portrays characters that people don't really know. He always ends up making everyone crack up.

And as a person who used to listen to Leykis and Merrill Shindler and watches Huell Howser, the impressions themselves are dead on! The Leykis phone number and the Metallica intro show the depth of Adomian's Leykis knowledge. Hilarious! Hope Scott brings Tom back soon.

Take me out with a 'Thank you, Jesus!'

• Like 1

And as a person who used to listen to Leykis and Merrill Shindler and watches Huell Howser, the impressions themselves are dead on! The Leykis phone number and the Metallica intro show the depth of Adomian's Leykis knowledge. Hilarious! Hope Scott brings Tom back soon.

I had no idea until you said that that Leykis was based on a real person. Wow.

• Like 3

I dig that James Adomian often portrays characters that people don't really know. He always ends up making everyone crack up.

Take me out with a 'Thank you, Jesus!'

If you guys like it here, James did it on his Todd Glass Show Podcast appearance and just killed. You can find it here.

• Like 6

I went to www.blowmeuptom.com. His advertisers alone pretty much sum him up. Great episode guys, I wish it had been three times as long. I really wanted to hear Jason/Tom get into it more. His interaction with Amy kind of started to bum me out after a while with her recent news.

It's pretty amazing how Amy Poehler can perform a comedic free-style rap that is both genuinely funny and also half-way credible in terms of internal logic and rhyme-scheme. Who knew that she had an inner Wayne Brady lurking inside of her?

oh man, i can't stop laughing.. what a great monday..

i don't know why, but Auckerman's genius is really getting me today.. "from what i understand, it's the nation's capital"

• Like 4

i had forgotten about him for years, if i remember correctly, his claim to fame was having some woman call in that had murdered her husband and he supposedly said something like "you can't press *67 to block your call when you call an 800 number" and then she was arrested.

no idea if it really happened tho.

• Like 1

I am really shocked (maybe I shouldn't be?) that blowmeuptom.com is real.

God i love Adomian. Stop being the dreamiest!~

Scott, you were a week late on your Would You Rather? tribute to September 11.

So, um, are we thinking that Adomian's appearance as Leykis has nothing to do with Adam Carolla being on Sklarboro Country last week?

I would have paid good money to see Scott reading About Last Night for high school speech team. Four renditions of Division Street and You Know I Can't Hear You When the Water's Running and then 5 minutes of some dude humping a black folder.

This was one of those episodes I had to stop listening to because I was in public and couldn't hold it together. Holy shit.

• Like 1

Mes amis, mes ennemis:

Pensez-vous that your terrible slurs could pass unnoticed by Depardieu? Do you not know that Depardieu has his fingers in les tartes transatlantiques? Did you not know that word of your perfidy would reach Depardieu in his castle on the cliffs d’Avignon, as sure as the vibration of the struggling fly attracts the attention of the terrible spider?

I am filled with rage, and brie, and une drôle du p'tit bouteille du Chateauneuf LaFitte ’78. Votre challenge est accepté, mes grands: I now consider the gants des enfants to be cast to the ground. When next you see Depardieu, I shall not be the figure of jollity and comical bemusement you know from your Green Card, but the Depardieu of cold, calculating fury of Un Pur Formalité!

Do you feel it, Monsieur le Aukermain? Do you feel a cold chill down your spine? Do you feel the clammy hand of Le Mort falling upon your épaule? Do you feel your own fate winging its way across the Atlantic, slurring its words and groping at flight attendants?

The eye of Depardieu has fallen upon you, Monsieur le Achemont! Pistols at dawn, sir! Choose your second, and I shall you see you upon the fields of glory!

Au revoir, M. le Okkerham! Au revoir pour maintenant, et bientôt... pour toujours!

• Like 19

Hey guys, just fixed Andie MacDowell's Wikipedia page to clear everything up. I can't believe no one had posted the news on our national treasure!

MacDowell was married from 1986 to 1999 to fellow former model and rancher Paul Qualley, whom she met while both were posing for Gap ads. The couple have a son, Justin, and two daughters, Rainey (Miss Golden Globe 2012[8]) and Sarah Margaret.[9] She was married to businessman Rhett Hartzog from 2001 to 2004.[9] She is currently married to Gerard Depardieu for his green card. She is also required, by law, to be in everything he is in. I can't make this stuff up, folks.

• Like 1

Mes amis, mes ennemis:

Pensez-vous that your terrible slurs could pass unnoticed by Depardieu? Do you not know that Depardieu has his fingers in les tartes transatlantiques? Did you not know that word of your perfidy would reach Depardieu in his castle on the cliffs d’Avignon, as sure as the vibration of the struggling fly attracts the attention of the terrible spider?

I am filled with rage, and brie, and une drôle du p'tit bouteille du Chateauneuf LaFitte ’78. Votre challenge est accepté, mes grands: I now consider the gants des enfants to be cast to the ground. When next you see Depardieu, I shall not be the figure of jollity and comical bemusement you know from your Green Card, but the Depardieu of cold, calculating fury of Un Pur Formalité!

Do you feel it, Monsieur le Aukermain? Do you feel a cold chill down your spine? Do you feel the clammy hand of Le Mort falling upon your épaule? Do you feel your own fate winging its way across the Atlantic, slurring its words and groping at flight attendants?

The eye of Depardieu has fallen upon you, Monsieur le Achemont! Pistols at dawn, sir! Choose your second, and I shall you see you upon the fields of glory!

Au revoir, M. le Okkerham! Au revoir pour maintenant, et bientôt... pour toujours!

Eh putain, M. Depardieu. Allez uriner dans un autre avion.

Speed round!

I love that Amy agrees with Occams Razor and then in the last question, gives the most opposite example of Occams Razor as her answer. Scott nailed her!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this