🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 2 — The World of Cinema

Be sure to get into your watching positions for this edition of The Fogelnest Files! Recorded live at UCB-LA, Jake Fogelnest welcomes special guests Jon Daly and Paul F. Tompkins to dive into the world of Cinema. Jake, Jon, and Paul discuss films by viewing a variety of clips which include; a lunatic on Public Access, the trailer to a 1986 comedy where blackface meets Harvard, an exciting television intro to a movie filled with gang warfare, Dan Aykroyd pretending to be a pimp, Vincent Price taking acid, Gene Shalit critiquing The Shining, Siskel & Ebert reviewing Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot, and of course, Howard The Duck.

"Mr. Didlee, I've run a trace and it appears that all these calls are coming from inside the studio!"

• Like 4

Its as simple as this....If you didn't like Howard the Duck then you're a communist.

• Like 2

Paul F. Tompkins hates 'The Warriors?' What a surprise! :rolleyes:

Dawwwwww, I can't even get made at Tompkins for his elitism. He's just so cuddly AND hilarious.

Just popping to say I'm really enjoying this show.

And I know it's unreasonable/selfish...but if this show were every week...even every OTHER week...

Well I'd enjoy that quite a bit.

But I suppose it's nice to want things. Keep up the great work, Jake!

So...you folks properly dump all over The Warriors and Howard the Duck, and also pretend that a film that devotes long stretches of screen time to a child talking to his own flexing finger is a work of consummate artistry?

Hey,

Thanks for listening everyone! I hear you about doing it more than once a month! Want to make the live shows a special event thing, but thinking about doing some mini episodes in-studio. Would people dig that?

Next episode tapes September 27th at UCB in Los Angeles with Steve Agee and Horatio Sanz. Tickets are on sale now!

Thanks to everyone rating/subscribing on iTunes. And there will be more and more cool stuff on the Facebook page as it grows.

This has been so much fun to get going!

I'll leave you with

, as discussed on this episode!
  • Like 6

Hey,

Thanks for listening everyone! I hear you about doing it more than once a month! Want to make the live shows a special event thing, but thinking about doing some mini episodes in-studio. Would people dig that?

Next episode tapes September 27th at UCB in Los Angeles with Steve Agee and Horatio Sanz. Tickets are on sale now!

Thanks to everyone rating/subscribing on iTunes. And there will be more and more cool stuff on the Facebook page as it grows.

This has been so much fun to get going!

I'll leave you with

, as discussed on this episode!

I'm pretty sure that I speak for everyone that mini-episodes would definately be dug.

• Like 3

Oh no! When they were discussing Vincent Price, he is not the voice at the Haunted Mansion. That would be the inimitable (believe me I try often) Paul Frees, who you may also know as the voice of Boris Badenov from Rocky & Bullwinkle, a bunch of Rankin/Bass productions, and dozens of other things. Even in an era where Mel Blanc was active, Frees was also often referred to as the Man of a Thousand Voices.

/voiceworkpedant

Oh no! When they were discussing Vincent Price, he is not the voice at the Haunted Mansion. That would be the inimitable (believe me I try often) Paul Frees, who you may also know as the voice of Boris Badenov from Rocky & Bullwinkle, a bunch of Rankin/Bass productions, and dozens of other things. Even in an era where Mel Blanc was active, Frees was also often referred to as the Man of a Thousand Voices.

/voiceworkpedant

This is important and a correction will be made in the next episode!

• Like 1

Great episode. Not only because you had Paul F. Tompkins as a guest. I also felt this one did a great job of striking a good balance between clips and conversation. I thought that the first episode felt crowded, like there were too many clips crammed into it. This one flowed a lot better, and I definitely felt like the guests had more room to breathe.

This is already becoming one of my favorite podcasts.

Really liking this show. Love that a show about video clips is plenty entertaining in pure audio.

Holy lord is the Ernie Anderson audio amazing. I want to make it my ring tone. I also want to know the story behind the woman he is fighting with early on in it.

• Like 1

It should go without saying that in-studio mini episodes would be wonderful.

Some of Jon Daly's riffs deserved a better reaction. Funny show!

Is Boat Trip our generation's Soul Man?

I will ask Horatio Sanz on the next episode! He and Steve Agee will be the guests. Taping September 27th at UCB in Los Angeles!

Sign in to follow this