🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 45 — Road House: LIVE!

If you love movies with huge explosions, bar fights, and monster trucks, then you have to watch Road House immediately. Our first return guest, Doug Benson, joined us for this week’s How Did This Get Made? LIVE at Bumbershoot! We discuss everything from throat ripping to everybody going commando to the lack of any police involvement. That’s not all, we also open it up to questions to make sure we didn’t miss anything important in this amazing movie that even babies are sure to love.

The real "how did this get made" question is for Road House 2: Last Call (2006). Yep, 22 years later they said, "Hey, let's make a sequel -- It can be about Dalton's son." And, of course, it worked exactly like you'd expect.

• Like 1

Amazed the "Man's search for faith...that sort of shit" line didn't get scrutinized or Jason let the "fuck guys like you in prison" line go so easy. Great bad movie.

Cool episode, but Doug hardly said anything. I wonder if he's tired of talking about that movie or something.

did anyone else hear a cat sound-effect during that bar fight scene?

• Like 1

Also not mentioned: Jeff Healey. Why? Why? Why? He's too good an artist for this movie. I guess they needed to show Dalton was a good guy because he is friends with the "blind guy"? Thank god there was a fence around the band. They may be hit with all the rock hard titties.

• Like 2

Also not mentioned: Jeff Healey. Why? Why? Why? He's too good an artist for this movie. I guess they needed to show Dalton was a good guy because he is friends with the "blind guy"? Thank god there was a fence around the band. They may be hit with all the rock hard titties.

I can't remember where I heard this, seems like another podcast, but how is it possible that the beer bottles keep exploding on contact with chicken wire?

• Like 2

Jason wants your babies!

Bring Jason all of your babies, literally all of the babies.

I love this fucking podcast.

i wish they talked slower, the convo gets so ramped up its not like bensons other podcasts where he takes his time, love the podcast though just saying

i wish they talked slower, the convo gets so ramped up its not like bensons other podcasts where he takes his time, love the podcast though just saying

It's well known that Benson and his crew toke up before a show, which didn't work out well for him here, because if he listened to this podcast at all, he would have known that the HDTGM bunch is ALL about meth. He should have planned accordingly.

I absolutely love it that two of the most macho, testosterone-fueled movies ever star a ballet dancer. (Road House and Red Dawn,)

It cracks me up like the idea that the two most-played songs at football games are by two flaming queens.

Road House went from available to 'Long Wait' on my Netflix queue after the last podcast. Thanks for ruining my weekend.

Road House went from available to 'Long Wait' on my Netflix queue after the last podcast. Thanks for ruining my weekend.

Hmmmm, for me it went from "Long Wait" to "Seriously, dude, just buy it. It's only like four dollars".

Something was just a bit off with this one. The commentary was good but Benson was a non-presence and for some reason the audience just wasn't into it.

• Like 1

Are you guys aware that friend of the show Kevin Smith does a commentary track on the special edition dvd? He's not involved in the movie whatsoever... just thinks it's cool and likes talking about it.

Get on that shit, everyone.

Note: the "commentary track" is a loose one in this case. They start off talking about the movie and then a few scenes in it devolves into a SMODcast which changes directions tangentially to whatever they happen to see on the screen. Still a decent listen if you're into Smith and Mosier doing their thing.

The real "how did this get made" question is for Road House 2: Last Call (2006). Yep, 22 years later they said, "Hey, let's make a sequel -- It can be about Dalton's son." And, of course, it worked exactly like you'd expect.

22 years after what? Road House is from 1989, which make it 17 years.

Someone recut a trailer to make it a movie about a tight assed dickhead who rolled into fun-loving Jasper to stomp out everyone's good time.

Which...was kind of the actual plot.

Sign in to follow this