🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 45 — Best of improv4humans Vol. 1

We took to the Earwolf Forums and asked YOU which were the best scenes in the past episodes of improv4humans and had so many to choose from that we split them into two very special sampler episodes. Enjoy this pu-pu platter of some of your favorite scenes from an all star cast of improvisers and stay tuned for Volume 2! Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

My favorite quote from I4H is in Ep 15 when Seth Morris says "Don't worry sis, I'ma find me some pussy".

• Like 1

=( Ready for it to be on iTunes so I can enjoy this goodness.

I know, right? What's the hold-up, iTunes?

I know, right? What's the hold-up, iTunes?

Sorry for the delay, folks! There was a delay across the board for iTunes users this morning. We were told that it may be due to heavy traffic from the release of the iOS6. According to the referee, THAT'S NOT OKAY!

This episode is now in iTunes! Enjoy!

• Like 2

My favorite quote from I4H is in Ep 15 when Seth Morris says "Don't worry sis, I'ma find me some pussy".

For some reason, I avoided this podcast until last week. Needless to say, I blew through every episode in a week. You are a fantastic host, Matt.

My favorite quote is also from Seth Morris. In Ep.11, he mutters, "Jesus, Wade," in the background. A seemingly throwaway line that delighted me to no end. My favorite episode is number 42. This one had me laughing from beginning to end.

I'll be looking forward to Episode 90: Best of improv4humans Vol.2

Rosco: I say we go.

Pete: To the Phish show? I'd love it if you guys came with me.

Rosco: Whady'all say? I got a buncha bait I could bring. Uhhhhhh, and I gotta couple'a extra poles.

Jessica: We've already been over it! There ain't no fish in the Phish show!

Matt: THERE AIN'T NO FISH THERE! But I got some sinkers and some bobbers.

Pete: Again, you don't need them—

Jessica: Yeah, and while we're at it, I got a couple shiny lures.

Matt: ROSCO, THEY'RE NOT REAL FISH! But I gotta big NET.

Pete: No, it doesn't matter!

Rosco: Awwwwwwww y'all...

Still one of my all-time favorite i4h exchanges.

• Like 1

Everything was a hit.

And Julia, I hope I didn't come off as complaining. You guys do so much for us for free, I would never get up in arms at waiting a few minutes for my shows to upload. Thanks for working so hard to get them up!

Sorry for the delay, folks! There was a delay across the board for iTunes users this morning. We were told that it may be due to heavy traffic from the release of the iOS6. According to the referee, THAT'S NOT OKAY!

This episode is now in iTunes! Enjoy!

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but I'm pretty sure Jessica St Clair sings the Allman Brothers song "Jessica" as an example of Phish. I thought it was kind of funny that she sings a song that shares her name, but also got the band wrong.

• Like 2

This was two hours of sheer delight! I'm so happy all of my favorite I4H bits are in one place!

I especially forgot how much I enjoyed the Star Trek conversation with Neclord with Matt yelling "he's just a fucking head!"

I can't wait to see what makes it onto Best Of Vol. 2!

"How about me and homeboy... take ol' girl..." Horatio Sanz in that bit killed me. Pushing each other's backs for extra thrust! hahaha. Definitely recommending this episode as a starting point for new listeners.

• Like 1

Being on two different episodes is too overwhelming. I may faint.

So much great content. I am still trying to decide what my favourite scene in this episode was. I certainly liked the hilariously meta skydiving one starring Dennis Franz.

I agree with Matt about his take on improv.

One scene I loved was from 3? episodes ago with the crazy youtube clip accusing the Grateful Dead of being Satanists.

Pancake speed dating is gold, pure gold. The way Matt Walsh keeps track of who's eaten what and invents rule son the fly with the truth or dare is just brilliant.

Pancake speed dating is gold, pure gold. The way Matt Walsh keeps track of who's eaten what and invents rule son the fly with the truth or dare is just brilliant.

I'd argue it's the best sketch they've done. I love when they're able to create a mini universe in a scene with its own rules and logic. As much as I loved the Jason/Jessica/Lennon episode, it often felt like floating heads just dicking around. But in that pancake sketch you could actually visualize it in your head.

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but I'm pretty sure Jessica St Clair sings the Allman Brothers song "Jessica" as an example of Phish. I thought it was kind of funny that she sings a song that shares her name, but also got the band wrong.

Also notable about that scene was that she referred to one of the members of The Babysitters' Club as "the hot one, Jessica." Which leads me to believe that Miss St. Clair has kind of a fetish for characters and things that share her first name.

Sign in to follow this