🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 45.5 — Minisode 45.5

It’s time once again for a mini-episode of How Did This Get Made! Our next selection is a long lost bad movie classic starring Pamela Anderson Lee as she does karate, shows off her boobs and looks badass. We get a taste of what kind of dialogue we’re in store for with a clip from a post strip tease scene and answer your Viewer Mail questions about toast, cell phone numbers, and movie remakes!

God Barb Wire was terrible, it was like paying for an issue of Playboy and instead of getting just Pam's tits you got a C action movie. Oh, and when are we going to get the episodes for Cobra and Super Mario Bros. that were being talked about for Bumbershoot? Are they going to be regular episodes like Road House was or are they going to be premium purchase episodes?

As for doing Sleepaway Camp, I would say do one of its sequels as the original is actually a cogent 80s slasher movie with a fantastic twist at the end. The sequels are just crazy with how people are killed and the main actress was replaced by Bruce Springsteen's sister. Even the third sequel that had the original cast is batsit insane in comparison to the original.

And I just saw Dredd last night and I can say that it is a really good movie. And I'm not just comparing it to the Stallone one but to movies in general. It does play a lot closer to the comic but there isn't any gaping plot holes like the original, it's just unfortunate that the Stallone movie put such a bad taste in people's mouths that it caused this one to bomb. But I could see this being an episode of HDTGM in the same vein of the episodes on Crank and Punisher War Zone.

Oh man, I forgot all about Barb Wire. Yikes.

I would love to hear a "Halloween III" episode! Even as a kid who was terrified of the slasher horror movies that were a mainstay of 80's cable TV, I was hard pressed to find anything remotely scary about a movie where the villain is an old guy who wants to kill kids with his "special commercial". I haven't seen it in years, but I will never get that annoying jingle from the evil commercial out of my head (it's basically "London Bridge" with different, repetitive words. Go to youtube and look up 'Halloween III Silver Shamrock ad' and see for yourself).

I had heard somewhere that the reason there was no Mike Meyers in this movie was that John Carpenter (even though he didn't write or direct it) wanted the series to go in different, anthology of horror-style direction, with a different setup in each movie. They would all take place on Halloween, but not involving the character most closely associated with the series. I'm not sure how much of that is true-but would love to know more about just what did happen to what should have been a straight-forward sequel to a popular horror movie.

I would love to hear a "Halloween III" episode! Even as a kid who was terrified of the slasher horror movies that were a mainstay of 80's cable TV, I was hard pressed to find anything remotely scary about a movie where the villain is an old guy who wants to kill kids with his "special commercial". I haven't seen it in years, but I will never get that annoying jingle from the evil commercial out of my head (it's basically "London Bridge" with different, repetitive words. Go to youtube and look up 'Halloween III Silver Shamrock ad' and see for yourself).

I had heard somewhere that the reason there was no Mike Meyers in this movie was that John Carpenter (even though he didn't write or direct it) wanted the series to go in different, anthology of horror-style direction, with a different setup in each movie. They would all take place on Halloween, but not involving the character most closely associated with the series. I'm not sure how much of that is true-but would love to know more about just what did happen to what should have been a straight-forward sequel to a popular horror movie.

That's what I heard as well about Halloween 3, but when Season failed so badly and was hated so much after the first two, they went back to movies with Michael Meyers. Though to be fair the following sequels weren't that good either up until the Rob Zombie remakes.

That's what I heard as well about Halloween 3, but when Season failed so badly and was hated so much after the first two, they went back to movies with Michael Meyers. Though to be fair the following sequels weren't that good either up until the Rob Zombie remakes.

While I wasn't a fan of his second Halloween film, I think Rob Zombie catches too much shit for his remake. Same goes for the Platinum Dunes remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, as people like to pretend that these franchises were WAY better than they were, when in all honesty, they were pretty much coasting on the goodwill of the original films. Your mileage may vary on the second TCM, but the Platinum Dunes remake is AT LEAST the third best film in that series. Holy shit, the fourth movie, the one with Renee Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey that looks like it was shot on video, needs to be covered here, and with a new TCM coming up, it would be pretty topical...

While I wasn't a fan of his second Halloween film, I think Rob Zombie catches too much shit for his remake. Same goes for the Platinum Dunes remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, as people like to pretend that these franchises were WAY better than they were, when in all honesty, they were pretty much coasting on the goodwill of the original films. Your mileage may vary on the second TCM, but the Platinum Dunes remake is AT LEAST the third best film in that series. Holy shit, the fourth movie, the one with Renee Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey that looks like it was shot on video, needs to be covered here, and with a new TCM coming up, it would be pretty topical...

Yeah the Zombie remakes were very well made as he showed reverence to the movies that he loved as a kid, unlike the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street that just tried to make it really creepy with Freddy being a molester. I also liked the first remake of Chainsaw as it had that gritty, grimy feel of the original while being pretty scary. TCM Next Generation would be a fantastic October episode as it was basically one of the first movies for both Zellweger and McConaughey, though most A-list stars started out doing horrible horror movies, but it also had the remote control knee of McConaughey as well as a transvestite Leatherface and the Illuminati.

Another great October/horror movie for this podcast would be "Cutting Class." One of the best bad movies I have ever seen. Probably Brad Pitt's best role ever.

Why is no one mentioning the most obvious thing: Barb Wire is based on Casablanca! That just makes this whole thing even cheesier.

Or was this mentioned in the minisode? I kinda tuned out after a few minutes.

Sign in to follow this