Episode 113.5 — Sklarbro County 18

3 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

We nerd out about sports with Grantland’s Jonah Keri on this week’s Sklarbro County! Jonah tells us how he realized sportswriting was his calling at a young age, unveils a story about his encounter with Jon Gruden, and recalls his choice of not joining in a scuffle at a Pop Burger. Dan Van Kirk joins us with stories involving; a cheerleading coach who was arrested for not wanting to leave her boyfriend’s truck, a college student who threatened police with a penis slap, and a newlywed couple’s lawsuit against Medieval Times. Plus, Steven Seagal leaves a voicemail response to the story of him pooping himself while getting choked out.

#2 Wesley

Super-Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

oh man, i'm reminded of my souvenir log sectional commemorating my visit to the Hayward Lumberjack Games that I used to keep in my room until i graduated high school.
now available in fun size

#3 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

My only exposure to Medieval Times is The Cable Guy and this podcast, and I hope it stays that way!
I write inappropriate things on Twitter - @JuliaEveHays.

#4 claudine19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Guys,

I've been with you since the beginning, and I loved Cheap Seats, but the County proved too much for me. It's Van Kirk again; I think there's misogyny there. That breakup advice he gave? Creepy.

I'll miss you and "Henderson!"

Regards,
Lost Listener