🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 3 — Awesome Dudes and Total Jerks

We are joined by the Vice President of Something Awful.com, Jon Hendren for an in-studio edition of The Fogelnest Files! Jon tells us the story behind choosing the username @fart on Twitter, exiling Pitbull to Alaska, and his relationship with Garfield. Jake & Jon discuss awesome dudes and total jerks with a couple of clips which include; Glenn Danzig’s book collection, Buddy Rich berating his band on a bus, Jim Morrison yelling at the audience, Crispin Glover in drag singing Olivia Newton-John as part of The Beaver Trilogy and Bowser from Sha Na Na.

Hope you guys like the in-studio show. It's a little more interview-y. I wanted to talk to Jon about his fine use of the Internet. If you don't like the in-studio show I will go jump in a diarrhea lake.

No, that's gross and weird. Not gonna do that.

We're taping a live episode with Steve Agee and Horatio Sanz on Thursday at UCB. If you're in Los Angeles, come see it!

• Like 2

More Fogelnest Files is good in any form. Thank you for more. When I saw there was another episode up, I thought it was possible I time traveled to the future. A little bummed that didn't happen.

I think Heathcliff is the awesome dude to Garfield's total jerk. Good stuff J-Fo!

Fun studio episode! I've been a fan of Jon for a while, but I don't think I've ever heard him speak before.

Just listened to this-the first episode of this show that I have checked out and I really enjoyed it. A few things stood out-even though Danzig has a lifetime pass from me because of the Misfits and well, Danzig, he seems like that one kid in school who sat in the back of the room wearing a black trenchcoat and rolling a 20-sided die.

Also, the clip of the guy in Beaver is a good reminder to the kids of today of what life was like in the days before irony-no sarcasm, no ironic detachment, just pure enthusiasm and love for what he was doing, no matter how ridiculous.

Thanks for the show, I'll definitely add this one to the playlist!

Enjoyed this, so I vote in favour of studio episodes. Looking in more depth at internet culture could definitely be an interesting theme to continue in to some of the studio episodes, and it would allow you to bring in different kinds of guests than the comedians you'll have at the stage show.

Hope you guys like the in-studio show. It's a little more interview-y. I wanted to talk to Jon about his fine use of the Internet.

Yes, this was fantastic.

The Beaver Trilogy sounds amazing.

GOONS GO HOME!

Ha, what? Did you get banned? Sorry mommy wouldn't let you put ten bucks on her credit card again. Keeping out the riff-raff is what makes it the most intelligent, troll-free forum on the web.

SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM BICTHES

All of my twitter and goon dreams came true on this episode, plus a nice little slab of the Glover on the side.

I actually liked the more interview-y nature of the episode. I've been a fan of Something Awful for ages so it was cool hearing more about their prominence in Internet culture.

If you don't like the in-studio show I will go jump in a diarrhea lake.

just so people know, jake has enlisted me to produce said diarrhea lake in case you don't like it. please, please like it.

• Like 1

I was pretty apathetic towards Garfield until listening to this episode. Now I know that I truly hate that son of a bitch.

Thanks, Jake!

• Like 1

I think Heathcliff is the awesome dude to Garfield's total jerk. Good stuff J-Fo!

No way. Heathcliff was basically Debo from Friday. He went around the block shaking people down for food and cat swag, and beating up the other animals for fun and sport. He and Garfield were both pieces of shit.

• Like 1

No way. Heathcliff was basically Debo from Friday. He went around the block shaking people down for food and cat swag, and beating up the other animals for fun and sport. He and Garfield were both pieces of shit.

Not to mention, a pale imitation of an asshole is just a lamer asshole.

Not to mention, a pale imitation of an asshole is just a lamer asshole.

I believe Heathcliff was created before Garfield was. In retrospect, I think I wanted to reference Riff Raff instead of Heathcliff.

Sign in to follow this