🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Killer Klowns is a comedy spoof, though. It's very deliberately silly and OTT.

Seriously, FUCK that film...recently watched the latest Half-In the Bag; and old wounds were re-opened...did I mention you should FUCK this 'film'??

The only reason I've even seen this is because my friend is one of the "Dead." I adore him, but this movie was bizarre....and confusing....

Eric Roberts is still working though so...that's good, I guess.

The Dead Want Women

Watch it. Please.

With the next NYC show falling on 10/8, maybe just maybe it'll be this year's Halloween ep. Please please please let it be Maximum Overdrive.

I think they're getting to Maximum Overdrive much sooner than Halloween.

"Monster Club" may be a bit low budget for the podcast but it is insane. It's got Horror legends Vincent Price, John Carradine and Donald Pleasance, incredibly amateur monster makeup, and is interspersed with oddly juxtaposed music interludes.

It was a bit anachronistic with the slasher films popular at the time of it's release, but its cheesiness lends to its appeal.

"Monster Club" may be a bit low budget for the podcast but it is insane. It's got Horror legends Vincent Price, John Carradine and Donald Pleasance, incredibly amateur monster makeup, and is interspersed with oddly juxtaposed music interludes.

It was a bit anachronistic with the slasher films popular at the time of it's release, but its cheesiness lends to its appeal.

It hits the 80s nostalgia sweet spot though. I was never a fan of it really, but the hosts are about that age where they may have seen it a lot as kids and liked it when it was on TV all the time, but then don't like it so much as adults, this time watching it with an eye for things that they might find far more disturbing.

My vote would be for Killer Klowns from Outer Space. But it might be too entertaining to be bad. According to IMDB a 3D sequel will be done next year so lets reflect on the first before the sequel comes out.

Here is the sequel info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979370/

• Like 2

My vote would be for Killer Klowns from Outer Space. But it might be too entertaining to be bad. According to IMDB a 3D sequel will be done next year so lets reflect on the first before the sequel comes out.

Here is the sequel info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979370/

It DID get a mention in today's mini ep.

• Like 1

It DID get a mention in today's mini ep.

Actually that shout out for Killer Klowns is the reason i am suggesting it. But it is a cult hit so it probably too good to be picked.

I think they're getting to Maximum Overdrive much sooner than Halloween.

Was it paired with Furious 7 at Largo this weekend??

In honor of the recently passed Wes Craven, I nominate Shocker for thi Halloween episode this year.

• Like 4

Was it paired with Furious 7 at Largo this weekend??

Yep, should be the next full episode.

In honor of the recently passed Wes Craven, I nominate Shocker for thi Halloween episode this year.

Yes. This or The People Under the Stairs, which I love but is still completely ridiculous and would make for a really fun episode.

Or maybe the scariest Craven movie of all time: Music of the Heart.

• Like 1

I legit LOVE "Shocker" and think that the first half is a pretty solid serial killer flick, where we actually see the killer being as brutal as his backstory makes him out to be, and then holy shit does it make a hard turn when it goes into body-jumping supernatural killer mode. Yeah, it's not as great during that stuff, but still has some great moments. Anyway, to anyone that hasn't seen it, if you split it up the middle, it's like two completely different movies, sort of like "From Dusk Til Dawn" with the vampire stuff all of a sudden coming from out of nowhere. The soundtrack is also fucking fantastic, and there's a Scream Factory Blu-Ray release coming out next week that I'm super psyched for.

• Like 1

The reason the first half of Shocker works is because it's new ground for Craven before he turns it into Nightmare on Elm Street with TV. The other issue I had with the movie is Peter Berg isn't the best actor for serious acting because he just comes off as the doofy best friend.

• Like 1

Brilliant. MO and F7 make one hell of a double feature.

Maximum Overdrive should be a great episode, but i loved this movie as a kid.

• Like 1

just watched "the blood on satan's skin" ... 70s english folk horror a la the wickerman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkWYY2w02m0

when i was watching it i thought it might have been a parody but it turns out its the film the parodies were parodying ...

its really well shot but very dated

prime for a nic cage remake

• Like 1

I really enjoy Blood on Satan's Claw, but I am a such a sucker for Hammer Horror films that I am also a sucker for British horror knock-offs of Hammer films. And I also am a sucker for movies that goofy/awesome metal bands I enjoy sing about...

("Blood on Satan's Claw" begins at 26:03)

• Like 1