🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 95 — Groove Workshop

Zach Galifianakis is back to get his groove on with Ku-Ku & Wie-Wie on today’s Who Charted! We introduce him to Carly Rae Jepsen in the Songs of Summah Chart, tells us about his love of Christmas during the Top Grossing Comedy Fat Suit Movies Chart, and explains why the internet can be very distracting. Plus, special guest Scott Aukerman drops in as well to discuss Zach’s Subaru during a game of Chart Goose!

The constant referring to The Spy Who Shagged Me as the first Austin Powers movie bugged me to no end. Way more than is healthy or appropriate. I was practically screaming to myself, "IT'S THE SECOND MOVIE!!" as I was listening.

Aside from that very petty complaint, though, I loved this episode. Zack was great, and Scott was the cherry on top of my Who Charted sundae.

• Like 7

I love Zach so much. His "Pretenders" joke and "Ed Hardy Bible" reference were highlights for me.

One question: Who the hell wrote that terrible Bonobos copy?

The reverse egg insertion sound at the end of the show was genius, (although I imagine it was an unpleasant experience for Hermes). Kudos to Ram-Hands for that sound? If, indeed, that's the guy who should receive kudos for that. If not, kudos to somebody else.

• Like 1

The reverse egg insertion sound at the end of the show was genius, (although I imagine it was an unpleasant experience for Hermes). Kudos to Ram-Hands for that sound? If, indeed, that's the guy who should receive kudos for that. If not, kudos to somebody else.

Ram Hand didn't engineer this one. It was DIY mustard enthusiast Engineer Brett. (Who I believe has also received at least a half dozen nicknames so far from Howard.)

• Like 3

I too must give props to the Mustard Brett hilarious sound effect . Side note , a 30 to 45 minute pod where Brett teaches us how to make mustard would be THE BOMB.

• Like 1

I actually just watched the whole Brody Stevens series on HBO Go a couple days ago. It was really good, as Kulap said. I didn't realize going in that Zach was such a big part of it. Maybe it'd get more views if people knew that he was also basically the co-star of it.

Of course, I think people don't know how to get it. If you have HBO, you probably have access to HBO Go, but you have sign up with your cable provider in order to login. Plus, HBO Go stuff isn't on your cable box with the HBO On Demand stuff, it's only on a separate app, so you have to watch it through a game console, on a pc, tablet or phone, or certain other streaming devices. So it's harder to get to.

One last thing: was Brody in The Hangover, Hangover 2, Due Date, and cut out of Funny People? It wasn't clear enough in the series.

• Like 1

Not a rap song, but Zach is mentioned in this

. Ugh.

Also, reverse egg-laying = best WC ending ever. Poor Hermes. (Or was it his French cousin Hermès?)

thanks chartists! getting those sounds out of hermes wasn't easy, i'm not particularly proud of what i had to do, she's a good sport though.

i just need a little more time on the mustard. it's a very delicate, mysterious process. once it happens though, the mustard world will be blown wide open

• Like 3

His "Pretenders" joke

That was fantastic. Such a perfectly Zach joke.

Really fun episode all around.

I like to believe Earwolf is a comedy co-op commune. Scott is milling about in the hallway and can be called upon anytime. Paul F. is dry cleaning his suits in the washroom. Matt Besser and Howard are on the porch smoking weed. Grant-Lee is playing old hymns with Rocky by his feet. And Jeff is in a panic room with "Sliver" style monitors covering three walls.

• Like 1

The constant referring to The Spy Who Shagged Me as the first Austin Powers movie bugged me to no end. Way more than is healthy or appropriate. I was practically screaming to myself, "IT'S THE SECOND MOVIE!!" as I was listening.

Aside from that very petty complaint, though, I loved this episode. Zack was great, and Scott was the cherry on top of my Who Charted sundae.

I was too!

BUT this was my first Who Charted ep and I enjoyed it thoroughly (aside from the egregious Austin Powers flub).

Because they were mentioned again in this episode, I'll say I hope when the guys from Stop Podcasting Yourself make it down to LA again some day they can show up on Who Charted. Their episode with Kulap was a lot of fun and that had a great rapport.

I like to believe Earwolf is a comedy co-op commune. Scott is milling about in the hallway and can be called upon anytime. Paul F. is dry cleaning his suits in the washroom. Matt Besser and Howard are on the porch smoking weed. Grant-Lee is playing old hymns with Rocky by his feet. And Jeff is in a panic room with "Sliver" style monitors covering three walls.

you're not that far off

• Like 1

I like that sg picture Brett. One of my buddies builds really sweet guitars up in Santa Cruz. If you're into that stuff I'll send you his info?

I like that sg picture Brett. One of my buddies builds really sweet guitars up in Santa Cruz. If you're into that stuff I'll send you his info?

That's my baby. I put a Bigsby on it, so sexy.

Yeah man, I'd be interested. Thanks! I doubt I could afford anything like that though :(

Sign in to follow this