🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 95.5 — 9/28/12 TWO CHARTED 34

Get juiced up for today’s Two Charted! Classic films, Mark Ruffalo, and Spice World are all up for discussion during Ku-Ku’s Top 5 Summah Movies Chart and Wie-Wie reveals his Summah obsession of Riff Raff during his Summah 2012 Tunes Chart. Join us as we reflect on all the lessons we learned from Summah 2012.

Riff raff is amazing! You should do a top five tattoos on riff raff chart. Get him on the show. Hell show ya his name in hieroglyphics.

Also, remember this. He calls himself a fifth wheel relaxer. Can you guess what that is?

The phenomenon Kulap and Howard were talking about when bringing up Bassnectar is known as frequency illusion (the tendency to notice instances of a particular phenomenon once one starts to look for it, and to therefore believe erroneously that the phenomenon occurs frequently). This is also referred to as the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon/

Love the show guys! i hope to catch a live show sometime, hopefully with Brody as the musical guest.

• Like 1

Get a juicer, Howard! Forget learning the difference between a masticating juicier and a centrifugal one. Just get a juicer your comfortable paying for because, truly, you don't know how long you'll keep at it. There's a bit of work involved in cleaning a juicer, and you may quit before getting your money's worth on a high-end one.

My first juice was also made in a blender... Kale and water. I powered through it wondering how anyone could ever get used to drinking chunky fluids at breakfast.

The name A$AP Rocky just reminds me that there is also rapper named Aesop Rock who in is a much different style and in my opinion a much better rapper. He also released new music this summer and maybe Howard would dig it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52d1CcpEEl8

Also as a rap nerd and snob and I thought all that rap on his list was awful D:

I am NOT looking forward to the comments that will erupt(I chose that word for a reason) if Kitty Pryde is on Who Charted Prime.

I'd be surprised if Howard hadn't heard of Aesop Rock. He's not exactly an unknown.

And I don't want to sound like I'm calling you out specifically as I'm not one to start internet arguments, but as someone whose iPod is about 80% rap music, I get frustrated with "hip hop snobs" who only listen to the stuff that white people like. Don't get me wrong, I'll listen to a Talib Kweli or a Del tha Funky Homosapien or certainly an MF DOOM, but you're more likely to hear me bumping some T.I. or Jay-Z. I can't tell you how many times I've had to just give up on trying to defend Lil Wayne or Kanye West to hipster friends, but this is the life I've chose or rather the life that chose me...

Talib Kweli or a Del tha Funky Homosapien or certainly an MF DOOM

Yup, too many believe this is the be all end all. They'll come around, hopefully.

But back on topic, I, too, got really into Riff Raff this summer. He appeared on Meyhem Lauren's mixtape, Respect the Fly Shit, and I couldn't believe it was the same dude who I had already seen in the Kitty Pryde vid. He's whole persona is so funny. Here's the track that broke Riff Raff for me, he takes the second verse here:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/37Y6QdkzOng

• Like 1

White rap snobs only seem to like rap music that doesn't move your body. Aesop Rock is a good rapper, but he's also pretty boring. I'm a white rap double snob- I go all the way back around to looking down on people who only listen to "safe" choices like A Tribe Called Quest, etc. A Tribe Called Quest is great, but shit Big KRIT is good too.

• Like 1

White rap snobs only seem to like rap music that doesn't move your body.

Ha. It's similar to liking 'rock' music but only thinking metal is good. Yes, it's technically proficient, but that isn't enough to make it interesting. Also, I find most white acts, minus Eminem, aren't about having a good time. There is always so much positivity and social consciousness, as though they got into the game to save rap from the gutters of guns and misogyny.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if Howard hadn't heard of Aesop Rock. He's not exactly an unknown.

And I don't want to sound like I'm calling you out specifically as I'm not one to start internet arguments, but as someone whose iPod is about 80% rap music, I get frustrated with "hip hop snobs" who only listen to the stuff that white people like. Don't get me wrong, I'll listen to a Talib Kweli or a Del tha Funky Homosapien or certainly an MF DOOM, but you're more likely to hear me bumping some T.I. or Jay-Z. I can't tell you how many times I've had to just give up on trying to defend Lil Wayne or Kanye West to hipster friends, but this is the life I've chose or rather the life that chose me...

It just sounds like you deal with people who are jerks about music haha people need to be more accepting. Also i think hipster is a word with no real meaning to it anymore since it gets thrown about so much.

Also there are many many white acts that range from many genres of hip hop so it's not fair to say they're all out for positivism and being messiahs. Although my Favorite group is guilty of it sometimes they're still worth a listen (Atmosphere, two white dudes).

I go to these "hip hop snob" shows and I find I can move my body plenty. i guess it's all in how badly you want to move your body haha. I have moved my body just as much with 50 Cent as I have with the Cunninlynguists.

It's just a difference in what you want from your music and calling people snobs because they don't want the same things as you is kinda weird. I was calling myself a snob jokingly and being over the top in my dislike for the songs.

I probably wrote too much but I didn't want to come off as a jerk about my dislike for howard's list.

but yeah I love rap and great episode haha

This episode made me come to the forums because Kulap mentioned them. I didn't even know they were here before.

Howard and his juicing story cracked me up so hard this morning!!! I also loved how he said "he lives with humans all the time and still has no idea what's going on"!

I am glad to be able to talk about the episodes here on the forums because I only know one other person who listens to the show and you can only tell strangers stories about funny things these two podcasters say for so long before you lose all your real life friends. :)

Sign in to follow this