tim atkin

Your favorite non earwolf podcasts?

Besides all the other shows mentioned (Nerdist, Doug Loves Movies, You Made It Weird), I recently discovered Talkin' Toons with Rob Paulsen

He's an insanely prolific voice actor (Yakko on Animaniacs, two ninja turtles, Pinky from Pinky & the Brain), and he's interviewed a lot of interesting guests like John DiMaggio and Mark Hamill.

It's nothing life-changing, but still fun.

• Like 1

Doug Loves Movies, Pod F Tomkast, Dead Author's Podcast and the Best Show on WMFU.

My wife recently started listening to Welcome to Night Vale; the premise is that it's a community radio station, but for the small town where everything horrible happens in horror movies. Took me a couple of episodes to get into, but now I can't get enough of it.

Aside from the majority of comedy podcasts that have been mentioned, I have always been an avid fan of StarTalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson (which also has a good amount of humor from time to time).

MATES, Doug Loves Movies, Smartest Man in the World, Todd Glass Show, Indoor Kids, Breaking Bad Podcast, OnCinema; WTF w/ Marc Ma-rone and Best Show on WFMU (guest-dependent).

I really like Jeff Garlin's podcast, the stuff with him and Tweedy from Wilco is pretty great. I had no idea that Tweedy was funny, to me he always came off very dry and and humorless when I'd seen him before.

Okay, and am I allowed to say my own podcast is pretty funny? The Help Self Guys (it's pretty much a train wreck of a show).

Some random ones that haven't been mentioned . . .

"Horror Etc"

"Double Murder"

"The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith"

"On the Page"

"The Treatment"

"The Business"

"Before You Were Funny"

"Stop Podcasting Yourself"

"Mark Forward Comedy Podcast"

"The Anytime Show with Dominic Dierkes"

"The Dork Forest"

"This American Wife"

"Bullseye with Jesse Thorn"

"The Story Collider"

"The Thinking Atheist"

"Point of Inquiry"

I could go on, but I won't 'cause -- you know -- no one cares. :mellow:

Stop Podcasting Yourself. Dave Shumka is some kind of comedy supergenius, and Graham Clark is also hilarious and they have such great chemistry. And it also prevents some of the podcasting incest by having wonderful canadian comedians on.

I especially recommend the episodes featuring Paul F. Tompkins and Canadian treasure, Jon Dore.

http://www.maximumfun.org/stop-podcasting-yourself/stop-podcasting-yourself-140-paul-f-tompkins

And the new Norm podcast is also pretty amazing. Norm is my favorite comic so it's always great hearing him. Hell even comedians doing Norm impressions based on his stories are usually funnier than their usual act (Jay Mohr), but none of them can compare.

* Roderick on the Line, for the help

* Thanks for Giving a Damn, for the truth

* Best Show Gems, for the Wurster

* The Long Shot, for the Pepitone

* WTF, for evah!

• Like 1

SLATE Culture Gabfest, The Crabfeast, Proudly Resents, Dream Tweet.

Just listened to a couple of eps of Dream Tweet yesterday (Pardo/Gatewood and Pepitone/Conroy). Nice short show and very fun.

• Like 1

Todd Glass Show, Mental Illness Happy Hour, Longshot Podcast, Uhh Yeah Dude, Fitzdog Radio, Steven Brody Stevens Festival of Friendship.

• Like 1

The Smartest Man in the World and The Nerdist. I'll listen to You Made it Wierd if the guest is someone I'm familiar with. Listened to one episode of Harmontown and I think I'll probably enjoy it as long as the live DnD games aren't a regular feature. Still need to check out Call Chelsea Perretti. Used to be a WTF fanatic but I got burned out on Marc.

Listened to one episode of Harmontown and I think I'll probably enjoy it as long as the live DnD games aren't a regular feature.

Uh-oh.

Totally Married, Mental Illness Happy Hour, The JV Club, This Feels Terrible, Slumber Party With Alie and Georgia, Janie and Aaron Does Hollywood, I Seem Fun, Before You Were Funny, Pop My Culture, How Was Your Week

Hands down it's Jordan, Jesse, Go! I'm always up for 90 minutes of hilarious nonsense.

• Like 1

Crabfeast, Full Charge Power Hour, Cashing in with TJ Miller, You Made it Weird, Todd Glass Show, Doug Loves Movies

Much love to many mentioned above but very few non-west coast ones mentioned. I highly recommend A Mediocre Time with Tom and Dan http://tomanddan.com

Also, I've stopped listening to them since I stopped working overnights, but WFMU has more shows than just "The Best Show on WFMU" and I loved "Seven Second Delay" (hosted by the station manager and the head writer of Monk and Rat Race) and "Shut Up, Weirdo"