🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 4 — What Did I Just Watch?

Get back into your viewing positions for another LIVE edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Recorded live at UCB-LA, Jake Fogelnest welcomes Steve Agee and Horatio Sanz to look at clips that will make you ask the question, “What did I just watch?” Some of the clips you will hear include: lunatics breaking into a Chicago television station wearing a child’s Max Headroom mask, the James Brown Future Shock that can’t be stopped, and Gary Busey re-incarnated into a Pomeranian. All the videos featured in this episode can be seen at http://www.youtube.c...fogelnestfiles

• Like 2

Hearing Horatio on all these earwolf casts really makes me regret not paying more attention to him on SNL. He's absurdly funny.

Really enjoying this podcast in general. Have to admit that one of my main motivators for listening was seeing Jake posting on the forums. It's great to see that kind of interaction with the audience. And I'm very glad that I started listening. Earwolf ruins my productivity on Tuesdays.

• Like 1

Hearing Horatio on all these earwolf casts really makes me regret not paying more attention to him on SNL. He's absurdly funny.

Really enjoying this podcast in general. Have to admit that one of my main motivators for listening was seeing Jake posting on the forums. It's great to see that kind of interaction with the audience. And I'm very glad that I started listening. Earwolf ruins my productivity on Tuesdays.

Horatio is HILARIOUS. Here's a classic thing he did on SNL. A short film Adam McKay made with Steve Buscemi, "Stavenhagen's Pawn Shop: We Pay Cash For Food."

[media='']

[/media]

I like the forums! I'm here! Thanks for listening!

• Like 3

Hey, Jake. You might be interested in reading this ama post from reddit. That Max Headroom thing scared the shit out of me when I was a kid too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/eeb6e/i_believe_i_know_who_was_behind_the_max_headroom/

Thanks for making this show. It's been really fun listening to them while watching the clips on youtube. Also thanks for making that youtube channel.

• Like 1

I used to love staying up late in the summer time and watching that Freedom Rock commercial, when I was little. My sister and I would dance around the family room to it.

that Dogs of Glory video is the most upsetting dog makeup in a music video I've seen since Dog Police:

• Like 3

This was so much fun to see live! If you're in LA, go to the live Fogelnest Files! It's great! It was especially fun when the audience went from laughter and smiles and happiness to looks of absolute horror during the Dogs of Glory music video. That makeup is legitimately upsetting.

I wish the Glory Dog video was surprising to me, but having grown up a Southern Baptist in East Texas, you have NO IDEA how common this is. Each 'Harvest Festival' that was done to undercut Halloween was filled with things like this. The irony was that the next year the jails were then filled with the various performers for...well, you can guess why.

By the way Jake, I want you to do a whole episode of 'Very special episodes'. This came up over on the Improv4Humans forum with such nods to Punky Brewster finding the homeless guy on the roof, and Webster finding the dead girl's boarded up room. Such rich and truly child innocence ending terror in all of these.

• Like 2

Let's not forget Willis getting beat up on the playground defending Arnold and Dudley. That freaked me out for years as a kid. I definitely cried when it happened.

• Like 1

Let's not forget Willis getting beat up on the playground defending Arnold and Dudley. That freaked me out for years as a kid. I definitely cried when it happened.

Different Strokes was just full of awful stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah Horatio is becoming one of my favorite comedians thanks to Earwolf. His work on improv4humans has been absolutely brilliant and he was a lot of fun on the FF. I found Steve to be a little too low-energy for this type of show, but the episode was a joy as always.

Low energy is Steve's MO. I love his deadpan take on anything. And I second the previous statements about Horatio, he gives me the giggle fits.

P.s. this podcast is a scweet addition to the earwolf lineup. Jakes enthusiasm makes it.

My horror show was when Jm J Bullock was raped by two women in "Too Close for Comfort." There are multiple layers of wrong in that episode.

• Like 1

Hey, Jake. You might be interested in reading this ama post from reddit. That Max Headroom thing scared the shit out of me when I was a kid too.

Had NO idea this thread existed. Reading it now. THANKS! This is the first update I've seen on the Max Headroom Pirating Incident since I found it on YouTube a few years ago. Here's a little ten minute documentary someone made that goes into the incident in further detail:

[media='']

[/media]

I have been obsessed with this event forever. It's amazing to me things like this didn't happen more often!

CRAZY CALLS!

I hate to say it, but "Nobody's hooooome..." has been seared into my subconscious for 25 years to the point that I literally cannot hear Beethoven's Fifth without thinking of it. It's not that I ever had the tape, or even remember thinking it was all that hilarious or that I wanted it, just a weird example of the way that music can stick in your brain.

Was listening to Rudy Can't Fail and that a-Rudy-to a-rudy-to a-rudy-to-to song popped in my head. Curse you Jake.

Just catching up on some Fogelnest Files. Jake mentions that on Michael O'Donoghues show they did sing "Boogie til you puke". I wonder if that inspired the shirt off this dude in the 80s classic "Hardbodies"

(at the 2 minute mark).

I actually got this shirt handmade as a birthday present, but only knew "Boogie til you puke" from the movie.