🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 47 — Why You Jabber Jabber?

We’re kicking things off Gangnam Style on this week’s episode of improv4humans! Our guests Danielle Schneider, Jackie Clarke, and Dannah Phirman join Matt Besser to create scenes inspired by stories involving Danielle’s first kiss, Matt’s nightmarish day with a horse, and Dannah’s clothes borrowing step mom. Plus, Crap on Youtube makes everyone discuss why they hate their assholes. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

This one was awesome. Had a hard time seeing the road through the laughter tears.

Jackie Clarke has so many great lines in this one! I vote for more ladies-only (plus Matt) episodes of I4H! This was fun!

• Like 2

As a guy who's pretty obsessed with Gangnam Style, this episode was very fulfilling.

I have to say that I got a little mad at the conversation at the top of this episode.

I actually grew up with Antique Cars and can say that the wives aren't ignored and that there is plenty for women to do in the club, and that many wives drive their own cars. There are several women that I can think of that just drive on their own and have husbands who aren't interested and stay at home. I am speaking from a point of view from the Northern California/Bay Area, where the Summer and Fall are warm enough to enjoy driving around in Antique Cars all weekend or on a week long tour. I spent my childhood in the back of these cars. The couples and families were generally very happy and formed a very tight knit community. On the tours while the husbands were working on their cars, there was generally something for the wives to do, like antique shopping. And I can attest that there are a lot of women in the clubs that are very active in finding, restoring and wearing antique clothing.

I can't speak for every club across the country, but the 3 or 4 clubs that my family has been part of generally have nice people who enjoy driving around the country side in cars from 90-100 years ago wearing clothes from 90-100 years ago. We got stares and a lot of photos were taken. We were always part of the clubs that actively toured and were never part of the clubs that just go to car shows. The cars still drive and my parents still go on tours regularly.

I'm sure that there are jerks out there, but not all people who drive antique cars are jerks.

And I want to say, I love the show and am very glad to have a chance to hear professional improv for free. Thank you so much for just that.

Is my severe disease where every voice sounds like Adam Scott's acting up again or did the anal breathing guy sound like Adam Scott?

Is my severe disease where every voice sounds like Adam Scott's acting up again or did the anal breathing guy sound like Adam Scott?

OMG you have that too?? I swear Adam Scott sings the How Did This Get Made theme song

How so Corky? I haven't smoke pot in months.

When I made the above comment is was a few days after I had listened and as I remembered it you were pretty monotone at parts and reacted slowly in places. I’m re-listening now to determine which moments gave me the impression you were stoned, and where they are exactly.

7:45-8:20 - It seemed like there was a brief confusion with you and Danielle during the first scene as to what the game was and your voice sounds…stoned? Sorry but that’s the best word I can use to describe it. Maybe its because you were playing a kid?

13:20-14:15; 15:40-16:15 - The way you stop yourself, forget shit, get mixed up on what you wanted to say, and deliver the horse stories sounds very stoned. This is where I originally started wondering, by the way. Especially at the 2nd part when you’re forgetting what they call Paul Revere. Was it a town crier?

34:10; 35:00 – You do this very low very minimal mumble laugh below all the girls laughing during the story of Danielle’s prematurely balding first kiss. For whatever reason the 1st time I listened to this I thought, “Man he’s baked out of his fucking gourd right there”. hahaha

So I acknowledge after going back and doing this everything that made me think “I wonder if he’s stoned” is easily me just reading into it.

When I made the above comment is was a few days after I had listened and as I remembered it you were pretty monotone at parts and reacted slowly in places. I’m re-listening now to determine which moments gave me the impression you were stoned, and where they are exactly.

7:45-8:20 - It seemed like there was a brief confusion with you and Danielle during the first scene as to what the game was and your voice sounds…stoned? Sorry but that’s the best word I can use to describe it. Maybe its because you were playing a kid?

13:20-14:15; 15:40-16:15 - The way you stop yourself, forget shit, get mixed up on what you wanted to say, and deliver the horse stories sounds very stoned. This is where I originally started wondering, by the way. Especially at the 2nd part when you’re forgetting what they call Paul Revere. Was it a town crier?

34:10; 35:00 – You do this very low very minimal mumble laugh below all the girls laughing during the story of Danielle’s prematurely balding first kiss. For whatever reason the 1st time I listened to this I thought, “Man he’s baked out of his fucking gourd right there”. hahaha

So I acknowledge after going back and doing this everything that made me think “I wonder if he’s stoned” is easily me just reading into it.

You should work at the TSA.

I was trying to think of what I said "Hear ye, hear ye". I think there is another phrase town criers say but I still can't think of it.

I was trying to think of what I said "Hear ye, hear ye". I think there is another phrase town criers say but I still can't think of it.

Oyez?

Heh. I knew I’d take some lumps for doing it that way but, whaddyagonnado? A question was asked and never let it be said that I won’t take the time to timestamp an answer.

EDITED TO ADD:

I still think Matt sounds pretty well lit while failing to remember the phrase.