🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 5 — YACHT

Delve into the hermetic world of YACHT on this week’s episode of Shortwave. Jona Bechtolt and Claire Evans sit down with Grant-Lee Phillips to talk about how utopias inspired their current album “Shangri-La,” having to explain how they have nothing to do with boats, and take some calls. Also, we discuss the paranormal phenomenon that is the Marfa Mystery Lights, the tacos in Marfa, and Claire’s co-authored book “NA/SA: New Art/Science Affinities.” Plus, we’re treated to some live songs from Bobby Birdman, Jeffrey Jerusalem and a brand new song by YACHT.

I'd never heard of YACHT but I'm so glad I have thanks to this show. They're absolutely wonderful and funny too!

I loved the digression about Marfa's food truck(s)! Now I'm dying to try the hummus & falafel from the food truck in Marfa.

I've kinda made it a life's mission to find awesome hummus & falafel in the most unlikely places, and you'd be hard pressed to find a more out-of-the way, high & lonesome place than Marfa.

Mr. Phillips, to you and the members of YACHT - Thanks for giving me a great idea for a roadtrip!

LOVED when they started "taking calls" . Fun ep!

Le Gourdon just made my day!!

Sign in to follow this