🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 46.5 — Minisode 46.5

We’ve all played video games and seen video game adaptations but never has there been a worse video game adaptation than Super Mario Bros the movie. The entire movie is available to watch on YouTube but be sure to stay tuned past the credits for a great little mini scene worth watching. Plus, we answer some listener questions about Star Wars, African Swallows, and waffle deliveries.

HOLY SHIT! Paul answered my (Jon Feist's) question, and he answered the shit out of it! In a weird coincidence, my podcast does "mencia" episodes now and then where we take another podcast's format for an episode, and for our How Did This Get Made? episode we did Super Mario Bros. I can't wait to see how we compare. Check it out if your inclined.

I think pretty much everything has been said about the Star Wars prequels, but Mike and Jay from Red Letter Media would be great guests for a future episode.

Oh man, this movie bums me out. Not sure if I can make myself watch it again. Mario was such a childhood icon for me, and he remains one of the most consistently brilliant names in gaming. But this movie...WOW! I don't know if an adult could grasp how horrifying this was to see as a kid; portraying loveable, "Wa-HOO!"-shouting Mario into a fat drunk blob Bob Hoskins and cute little Yoshi into a friggin' TERRIFYING velociraptor...good lord.

The weird animated introduction is still one of the most WTF-scenes of all time, though.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'll watch it again.

Oh man, this movie bums me out. Not sure if I can make myself watch it again. Mario was such a childhood icon for me, and he remains one of the most consistently brilliant names in gaming. But this movie...WOW! I don't know if an adult could grasp how horrifying this was to see as a kid; portraying loveable, "Wa-HOO!"-shouting Mario into a fat drunk blob Bob Hoskins and cute little Yoshi into a friggin' TERRIFYING velociraptor...good lord.

The weird animated introduction is still one of the most WTF-scenes of all time, though.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'll watch it again.

Ten minutes in, Mario is wearing green, Luigi is wearing red.

Screw this movie.

As Paul mentioned in today's episode, the gang's looking for a new logo! Please post your submissions in the appropriate forum. We can't wait to see them!

Dude you have posted that video like eleven times on this site. Easy on the Space Nazis already!

Please don't do Star Wars. Total waste of your talents. It's been done to death by everyone.

• Like 1

Please don't do Star Wars. Total waste of your talents. It's been done to death by everyone.

Indeed, Episode I is the deadest horse there is, and I think it's worst crime, more than a decade removed from having any sort of relevance, is that it is insanely boring. I don't think it's outrageously bad in any way, and seeing as how the other films in the prequel trilogy were kind of lackluster as well, it's just the most disappointing of an altogether mildly disappointing series. I tried re-watching Phantom Menace recently when I picked up the Blu-Ray set, and I don't think I even remember a good 50 percent of the movie at least.

Just finished watching Super Mario Brothers. I'd like to discourage anyone who is thinking of watching it, it's not one of those movies that's shitty in a fun hilarious kind of way, it's just shitty in a this is boring and makes no sense kind of way. It's crazy how little this movie has to do with the world it's adapting though, I would not even guess this movie had something to do with Mario if the names were changed.

• Like 1

I remember loving this movie when it came out, granted I was 5 and loved everything Mario Bros. I still watch the movie as a guilty pleasure because it is so batshit insane with where the took the film in comparison to the source material, like most early video game movies (Street Fighter, Double Dragon). The most insane thing about it though is the idea of Bob Hoskins (English) and John Leguizamo (Latino) being not only brothers, but Italian brothers. Though I will admit Dennis Hopper was great in chewing up scenery and for his mini-cornrow mohawks.

I think everyone's missing one of the most depressing parts of this movie: Lance fucking Henriksen was in a shitty movie. Speaking of which, you guys should probably do Hard Target. That shit be cray.

I think everyone's missing one of the most depressing parts of this movie: Lance fucking Henriksen was in a shitty movie.

i think that's the depressing part of most movies Lance Henrikson is in, I'm afraid.

Sign in to follow this