🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 3 — Creating Scarcity

Find out why scarcity is the only thing worth paying for on today’s episode of Seth Godin’s Startup School. Seth discusses having McDonalds milkshakes for breakfast, the lock-in effect, the large world that is the app market, and how your job is not to find more customers for your products, your job is to find more products for your customers.

• Like 1

my brain somehow reminded me to go back to your website this morning to see if there was a new episode, and bingo there it was. awesome!

i wish your audio player had a 10 second rewind button, so if you heard something that caught your attention, you could go back 10 seconds and replay it again, to let it sink in etc. i can click in the ribbon bar, but its a random click, not exact, etc.

i think Seth Godin must be a genius, because of the way he can jump from one topic to another based on the audience's questions, without hesitating or pausing, he always seems to know what to say. this can also seem to be annoying, because sometime it feels like he is going off on tangents and it's hard to follow the conversation in linear steps to the conclusion of a goal.

i wish your audio player had a 10 second rewind button, so if you heard something that caught your attention, you could go back 10 seconds and replay it again, to let it sink in etc. i can click in the ribbon bar, but its a random click, not exact, etc.

FYI - We've got a 30-second one on the app. I'll let our web team know about your feedback. Thanks for listening!

I think this is the one that people need to get to for this thing to hit its stride. I heard a lot of stuff that I thought must have perked up Jeff's ears at Earwolf. As a writer of fiction, I have a hard time creating scarcity because there are millions of books a day out there now. One idea I got after hearing this was to approach my cover artist about going with me to book signings to sign prints of the book cover if people buy a book. We'll see if it has any success.

I thought the app information was interesting too, as I remember Jeff mentioning something about apps not being as important at one point.

Sign in to follow this