🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 7 — THE CLIPS THAT GO BOOM

Comedian, author, and filmmaker DC Pierson finds Jake’s pop culture g-spot on today’s in-studio edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES! DC talks about making a custom rap for anyone who pre-orders his new book Crap Kingdom, explains how his sketch comedy group Derrick had to play against themselves in an unreleased sports sketch web series, and tells us a story about conversations from the Work It writers room. DC & Jake look at some clips which include; Alfonso Ribeiro’s Hip-Hop starter kit, L’Trimm’s “Cars That Go Boom,” and The Smiths on a children’s television show.

I'm not going to lie, I'm also weirdly drawn to the kid rapping stuff. About a year ago I went into some shitty hipster store where none of the music or books were alphabetized or categorized, and I heard this song on their radio where kids were rapping about going to the beach. It had to be around the same time as the 'Cars That Go Boom' song you guys talked about.

My friend asked the name of the band, the guy haphazardly said the name, then my friend told me. As you'd expect, like a game of telephone the name was wrong and I've never found it.

This just popped into my head again because of this topic. Kid rappers Kriss Kross (backwards clothes gimmick, obviously cool) did a rap about the Rugrats for some Nickelodeon tape:

It's about time Kitty Pryde was mentioned on FF!

• Like 1

The worst Young Ones was the episode after the finale because it doesn't exist. I miss The Young Ones *spreads arms out wide* this much.

• Like 1

Jake,

Glad you enjoyed the Alfonso Riberio clip I submitted. I was skyping with my friend from New Zealand and we just got on the talk of shitty 80s commericals and he brought up the Michael Jackson Pepsi commerical with Alfonso and I just saw that clip. What makes it great is the not only the cool swag you get for $20, its the white guys remixing Tom Tom Club in the background on the records you get with the kit.

As always, the show's fucking phenom!

As soon as I saw the title of this episode, I thought, "Please let that be a L'Trimm reference."

• Like 2

Jake, thank you for "doing coke off shoulder pads"

L'Trimm is some other generation's Kreayshawn.

Guys, I am so mortified by Jerry Lewis drinking a milkshake out of like a malt shop glass while performing.

• Like 1

Thank you DubipR for that clip! I hadn't seen it since it was originally on TV! I'm putting together the clips for next week's show which you can attend LIVE this Thursday if you live in Los Angeles!

[media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl2U4TxNfvQ[/media]

Someone on my Tumblr just brought up the fact that Lewis basically sexually assaults Betty at the end of "Revenge Of The Nerds" which I think sadly we all have to admit is true. This will be discussed Thursday night at NerdMelt. Really hope to see some of you there! And please introduce yourselves after!

GET TICKETS HERE!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this