🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 48 — Sleepaway Camp

Can't be a mask.

1.It would be the most amazing life-like mask besting even the Madame Tussaud for fantastic human realism and I would suppose taking up 99% of the Sleepaway budget.

I FREAKING love that this movie is getting this response. The worst, most base film we've yet watched, and we can't unravel most of it.

As for the final scene, Ricky (Jonathan Tieresten {sp}) lives here in Denver and I heard him talk about it once. What I understood is it's not so much a mask but a really good printing of her face put over a mask. That's what I read once online too. I could be wrong, because I have a hard time looking at that mask in the scene because all I can focus on is wondering about side pony tails.

• Like 2

I can't wait to get home from work so I can watch this movie!

Another brilliant episode, one of my faves

WOW. That mask is disturbing on levels I didn't even know existed.

Ah see! There is the rub. We've got shots that are her, mixed in with shots that are the mask.

Ah see! There is the rub. We've got shots that are her, mixed in with shots that are the mask.

Well, I assume the shots where she's not really saying anything and the boy body is visible are the mask, and the closeups of her face are her. It's kind of impressive given the time period the movie was made in and the minuscule budget. Plus the fact that people are still arguing about it 30 years later.

Not only is it a mask, but there are behind-the-scenes photos of the mask's creation online:

http://sleepawaycamp...mp-angela-mask/

Oh come on.. time to 'insta-snopes' this myth. 'Real Picture/Different context'. Those are pictures taken a full 8 months AFTER the release and surprise success of the film where they cast the first mould of the 'Angela Halloween Mask' for production.

*duly noted: the pictures themselves show the actress approx a year older (significant time in puberty) AND you see the eyes of the halloween production mask, though pointing left are more centered.

The original shows them far to the left.

Myth busted!

Not only is it a mask, but there are behind-the-scenes photos of the mask's creation online:

http://sleepawaycamp...mp-angela-mask/

Thanks for registering for the site just to post that. Also? Just spend a lot of time going through that site and the in-depth analysis. I'm tempted to go back and watch the end to see the mask in use but her face just freaked me out TOO MUCH.

I'm officially obsessed with this movie.

Without even seeing this movie, I lost my mind listening to this episode. Holy shit. Can't wait to see it. I don't think I've ever heard the HDTGM gang so excited.

I wish we could have threads like this for every movie the gang does! This has been a lot of fun.

• Like 5

Oh come on.. time to 'insta-snopes' this myth. 'Real Picture/Different context'. Those are pictures taken a full 8 months AFTER the release and surprise success of the film where they cast the first mould of the 'Angela Halloween Mask' for production.

*duly noted: the pictures themselves show the actress approx a year older (significant time in puberty) AND you see the eyes of the halloween production mask, though pointing left are more centered.

The original shows them far to the left.

Myth busted!

She looks the same age to me, and even has the blood going down her neck as in the final scene. Why would she have that blood makeup on again 8 months later? I also suspect that 3rd picture down is the male college student, as his nose is different from hers in the previous pictures.

My hope and pleading request is that HDTGM please consider a 'Return to Sleepaway Camp' where they can give this film a well-deserved recap and them move on to:

Return to Sleepaway Camp (same director) which is also just completely effing NUTS and is either just as bad/bonkers or is the most genius put-on ever.

*hey uh.. was the camp called 'Sleepaway Camp' or is that an American name for any Summer Camp? Because in the movies I'm sure it has a different name and is never called 'Camp Sleepaway' .. oh man.. this thing is STILL doing my head in!

Please.. Return to Sleepaway Camp!!

If you guys like, I could come on and clear some things up for you. You guys are very funny and talented. Thanks for this! Jonathan (AKA Ricky) By the way, we were better athletes than the older guys. Oh and my son's name is not Ricky.

• Like 3

If you guys like, I could come on and clear some things up for you. You guys are very funny and talented. Thanks for this! Jonathan (AKA Ricky) By the way, we were better athletes than the older guys. Oh and my son's name is not Ricky.

If this is truly "Ricky" this is awesome. My question would be did they tell you what profanity to use or where those all off the cuff?

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this is Ricky and he's freaking awesome.

• Like 1

Sleepaway camp's imdb rating has dropped from 6.3 to 5.9 from when the mini episode aired until now

I'd most like to know from Jonathan whether or not Ricky knew about Angela's er... downstairs situation (her cock) and indeed if Jonathan himself was aware of the twist during filming.

I know there are a lot of questions. I think it would be better if I came on the show and I could answer all of them at once. Oh, and yes, I am 'THE REAL RICKY'.

• Like 4

Oh and that is 'MY REAL SON' (not an actor paid to play him). And it is 'THE REAL TIMES SQUARE' (not an actor paid to play it either). Now I am rambling (and I haven't even started drinking yet).

• Like 1

I smell a Sleepaway Camp: Director's Edition coming on!

PLEASE MAKE IT SO!

I know there are a lot of questions. I think it would be better if I came on the show and I could answer all of them at once. Oh, and yes, I am 'THE REAL RICKY'.

You should email earwolf and let them know; not sure how often the gang looks at the forums.

You should email earwolf and let them know; not sure how often the gang looks at the forums.

Not often enough, or else they would have caved in and done "Southland Tales" by now, the bastards...

• Like 1