🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 51 — Too Soon

Today’s episode of improv4humans with Tim Meadows, Joe Wengert, and John Gemberling is not for those who get offended easily. Join them as they use their expert improvisational skills to create scenes about maintaining a friendship with a past lover, potty mouth pets, and Edgar Allan Poe’s ghost. Will they go too far for the sake of comedy? Listen to find out! Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

This lineup put a huge grin on my face. I'm stuck inside with bronchitis, but at least I'll have I4H to lift my spirits :)

• Like 1

This was a really funny episode, but I gotta say you should have stuck out the anxiety video to the end. Might have gone a different direction with it. If I hadn't watched the video I wouldn't have anything to complain about though.

Oh god, Tim Meadows doing "On The Road Again To Get A Haircut" had me in hysterics.

• Like 1

"Catapult" is always a funny word, but when Tim Meadows says it, it's absolutely perfect.

For some reason, all of the hair puns (and that entire scene, really) had me holding back from spraying coffee all over my monitor.

So glad to to be hair.

• Like 4

"Catapult" is always a funny word, but when Tim Meadows says it, it's absolutely perfect.

Tim was on fire in this episode. I love how you could hear everyone else laughing in the background during his catapult story.

• Like 1

Yeah Tim was on fire. Wengert's Poe was great too. Help me get the work out on this ep. if you can.

I completely lost it at "This just in..." during the dirty talking news anchor. This is a top 5 episode for sure. Probably top 3. Thank you, Matt, for all the work you put into this free show.

• Like 4

This is the best episode since Jessica St Clair, Lennon Parham and Jason Mantzoukas. Definitely in my personal top 3. Great job putting this group together, Matt.

By the way, the Gemberlings may be hearing from PETA soon. Yikes.

This will definitely be my recommended episode for people when I talk about this show, just incredible. It makes sense why it was so long, since there's really nothing that could be cut.

My favourite was definitely Poe describing his creative differences with the studio executives and trying to communicate through haunting.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Great ep, but no more bagging on Mississippi. It's too easy. Having been born and significantly raised in Tupelo ms, I am well aware of how bad it blows. I now live in Memphis, TN, but I have lived all over the U.S. from Monterey to NYC. It is equally broken all over. Matt being from te south, you should do a whole southern comedian episode. Bring Lennon parham back for sure. Also, fuck Tunica

Signed inhumanly,

Will

I was the one who had sex to Improv4humans. In my defense, we were both very drunk. Don't know if I could do it sober. ;)

I can sympathize with the guy from Mississippi not wanting to be constantly reminded how shitty his home state is, especially since this episode unexpectedly unearthed memories of the time my dad sold my bed, shortly before being gunned down outside my window.

Yeah Tim was on fire. Wengert's Poe was great too. Help me get the work out on this ep. if you can.

Oh I tell all my podcast-savvy friends about your show and complain incessantly on Podmass that your show isn't covered weekly.

This episode really stood out to me as being one of the funniest yet. Maybe it's just because I could hear everyone laughing in the background of every scene (which adds to the funny).

• Like 1

Episodes like these make me wonder why this show isn't more popular.

Episodes like these make me wonder why this show isn't more popular.

Right? I think it'll find its audience (well, its mainstream audience anyway) just by word of mouth, honestly. How Did This Get Made is just now majorly catching on.

Right? I think it'll find its audience (well, its mainstream audience anyway) just by word of mouth, honestly. How Did This Get Made is just now majorly catching on.

I think this is one of the most consistently funny podcast I listen to and it has a lot to offer. There is the hilarious scenes with great guest who always have great stories. Also I just love when Matt gets passionate about things or brings listener on to talk to. I love them in between talking just talking as much as the improv.

Amazing episode. Tim Meadows needs to be on more, especially if hes trying to talk dirty nonsexually or in a newscaster voice.

Holy shit when they setup Tim's character to have to do a set of hair comedy by himself then heckled him. GOLD, Jerry, GOLD.

• Like 2

I think this is one of the most consistently funny podcast I listen to and it has a lot to offer. There is the hilarious scenes with great guest who always have great stories. Also I just love when Matt gets passionate about things or brings listener on to talk to. I love them in between talking just talking as much as the improv.

I agree. Why I like I4H better than other improv podcasts. I love the mix of Matt talking about things/talking to his improv buddies just as much as the improv itself.

Great mix.

This might have been the GOAT of I4H. The Poe piece had me in tears. When he couldn't remember the names of his works and then Tim's 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' part killed me.

As for spreading word about the show, I'm doing something for a few of the shows to help get attention among my friends. It's an idea I heard on Sklarbro about music parties where everyone brings a CD and they exchange. What I do is just grab a best of, or a sample, from a show (like Love, Dad) and burn it to CD, then put a little note inside about where to find other episodes, then give that instead. People seem to dig it.