🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 9 — Jill Sobule

21st century balladeer Jill Sobule stops by to recall the many cover band names of her past on this week’s Shortwave. Jill talks about taking her mother to see Dancing With the Stars, working on a couple of musicals, and describes how street performing one night in Spain ultimately lead her to pursue music professionally after getting a 6 month gig. Jill also shares her excitement of opening for Donovan on tour, being a pioneer of the Kickstarter model, and explains how her song “I Kissed A Girl” helped & hurt her career. Plus, we are treated a couple of live songs from her extensive catalogue including a specially written song about the history of immigration in the United States called “They Say They Want Our America Back.”

When Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" came out and people were talking about it, my first response was, "somebody covered Jill Sobule"?

• Like 1

When Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" came out and people were talking about it, my first response was, "somebody covered Jill Sobule"?

I thought the exact same thing.

My wife's response was, "Who's Jill Bobo?" Kids these days.

Sign in to follow this