🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 48.5 — Minisode 48.5

We return to the well of Stallone in a big way with the 1986 classic film that was originally suppose to be Beverly Hills Cop. Also, Paul puts some of the confusion of Sleepaway Camp to rest and gives us the steps to making a sock bun. Don’t forget to get your tickets for our first LIVE New York show at The Bell House!

Make sure to read the detailed breakdown of the plot only if you want to know exactly how the plot didn't happen.

Dear Paul,

I have to say, if you can get Ricky from Sleepaway Camp on the show, I think you're morally obligated to do so. Imagine, what if you didn't have Natalie from Birdemic or Jack O'Halloran or Greg Sestero from The Room to talk about their movies?! No, I think the wonderful mind-bending thrill ride which is Sleepaway Camp deserves its share of glory too. And if you're worried that learning too much about how the movie got made might spoil the fun, keep in mind, you can always trick him! Get him on, pretending that you want him to talk about Sleepaway Camp, and then throw a curveball right at his head by making him talk about a different movie!

Just something to consider.

Love,

Cole P

ps--I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday. I know I am.

• Like 2

I told you guys it was going to be Cobra, can't wait to hear this episode.

Finally, one I already own on DVD

I have to say, if you can get Ricky from Sleepaway Camp on the show, I think you're morally obligated to do so.

Totally agree! Why not have him on one of the miniepisodes? I've heard him talk at the Mile High Horror Film Festival and he's just great. I would love to hear Jason interact with him.

• Like 1

This is unrelated, but, I would really love to see you guys get an "dum dum"(the lollypops) endorsement deal. Imagine a 7dollar box of 6-7 Dum-dum pops with Jason's face on the box screaming, "DUM DUM!" Regardless of this happening or not, Hearing Jason call people Dum-dums is one of my favorite things in the world.

• Like 3

Totally agree! Why not have him on one of the miniepisodes? I've heard him talk at the Mile High Horror Film Festival and he's just great. I would love to hear Jason interact with him.

The fans are speaking, Paul!

SPEAKING!

Well, writing.

But anyway, you need to make this happen.

I was hoping for Stop! or My Mom will Shoot! to see the comedic talents of Stallone but Cobra was full of laughs! It really is entertaining in its own bizarre way. So middle Reagan '80s in many, many ways, not the least is the great music. Lots of WTFerry. Can't wait for the podcast!

I admit that I was hoping for "Over the Top," but I'm sure you'll get around to that one eventually.

I haven't listened to the Cobra episode yet (psyched) but I'm going to watch Cobra all over again - I vaguely recall it was absolutely ridiculous and the ultimate cheese-ball Stallone film. Awesome!

Yes, totally agree its a moral obligation to have 'Ricky' on for Sleepaway Camp revisited and I'm still pushing for 'Return to Sleepaway Camp' which was also entirely bananas lol (still not sure if it was mocking itself or... was genuinely bananas)

Sign in to follow this