🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 9 — Politics!

Jake’s longtime buddy John Ross Bowie drops by to talk POLITICS on today’s special election episode of THE FOGELNEST FILES! John reminisces about the many times old Hasidic men would walk into the UCB-NY theatre thinking it was still a burlesque theatre, tries to explain Mark Russell to young people, and tells us about the time he talked to Jello Biafra backstage at an ASSSSCAT performance. Jake & John discuss politics by looking at some clips which include; the Fridays “Ronnie Horror Picture Show” sketch, Moe Tucker at a Tea Party rally, and Hillary Clinton being a bad ass. Message from Jake: "Hey everyone. On this episode I say the election is November 7th. I'm not an idiot. It's the 6th. I got confused. Don't worry, I'm not gonna try and vote on the 7th. In fact, I already voted. I voted for Michael Dukakis. Is anyone reading this? Okay, make sure to go leave reviews for Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffiti" in "The Fogelnest Files" section on iTunes. Bye!"

Best episode yet (not just because you read my iTunes review. That made my day, Jake). Moe Tucker and Dag Nasty made me sad. Jello made me smile. John Ross Bowie blew me away. It's good to have friends.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it was George HW Bush who said the thing about "we need a world more like the Waltons and less like the Simpsons", not Marilyn Quayle. They even played a clip of it before one Simpsons episode where the Simpsons were watching it on TV.

And technically you have shown an SNL clip before, Jake, you showed the clip of Fear playing on the Halloween 1981 episode.

Great show!

"It's a lot better when I'm wearing the red, white, and blue tuxedo." It's surprising how often I find myself saying that in my everyday life.

"NewsRadio" was the GREATEST.

People are starting to leave reviews for "Physical Graffiti" in the iTunes review section. IT IS THE BEST!

I had never seen that SNL Carter sketch and it totally holds up , very funny. Thanks for the ep guys!

I love unlikely not really famous conservatives! Hope you guys have seen SNL's Victoria Jackson's election coverage:

https://twitter.com/vicjackshow/status/266044078628687872

There is that councilman Oliver Thomas who was IRL indicted and sent to prison who plays himself on Treme so maybe we can get Paul Ryan on SVU as a lawyer defending a rapist.

I had to do the youtube search of Mark Russell :-( :-( :-( :-( Who told him that it's a great idea to step on all of his jokes with his little intros to songs?

Sign in to follow this