🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 78 — Recovery

Recover from a long day with today’s episode of Professor Blastoff! David shares a story of recovery from his youth and Tig & Kyle call in from New York to tell us how they recovered from Hurricane Sandy. Plus, we talk about sometimes having to make little kitten lies and the importance of being honest. Be sure to get your tickets for our first LIVE show November 17th in New York at The Bell House!

"I'd rather fist my asshole than be in Connecticut right now. Back to you, Diane." :lol:

• Like 2

Just got done listening to Professor Blastoff, and the reviews are in: Kyle Dunnigan is hilarious! His spot-on impersonations combined with outstanding comedic timing and worldly knowledge make the show amazing. There's also a woman and a guy and a morbot... and don't forget mother!

- peachnestle439

Aaron - unfortunately I did not see your video. I did, however, find David.

http://laughfactory.com/cat/73/video/183751/David%20Huntsberger%20-%20Designated%20Driver

Thank you for the shout out to Kristen and for redeeming me from my horrible birthday gift last year! She is ecstatic and hopefully she will take in to consideration David's recommendation about how to celebrate. You guys are amazing! :D

I don't know why you guys want to shame us for having a reasoned debate on the forum. That's kind of why it's here. And Steve Yates didn't seem to mind. He provided several vigorous rebuttals.

Two things… First, your point about how people need refrain from getting snippy over something they didn't pay for: The problem with that is that it gives license to people who do pay to have a say in what your creation ought to be. If you want to treat your work like merchandise I guess that's fine, but I doubt you do because that's hacky. I'm a digital collections librarian and all of the work I do is given to the public for free. Now, that certainly doesn't make me exempt from having to listen to what the public has to say about it. Just the opposite actually: since we can't gauge our success with sales, we collect a lot of public feedback to figure our whether or not we're getting things right. Also, I think you might be seeing things incorreclty; that episode generated 40 comments worth of discussion, on just the Earwolf forum. That's good, right?

The other thing: I find your observation about the audience eavesdropping on your conversation really fascinating and I think it says a lot about what the podcast does for listeners. I listen to NPR stories and public lectures on youtube to get informed about the world. I listen to stuff like Improv4Humans and Comedy Bang Bang! to observe really well-trained performers apply their art. Podcasts like Professor Blastoff are sort of this different genre where you hear friends getting together and being amusing with each other and sharing human warmth. I always feel kind of creepy listening to that sort of thing as a third party. It's like I listen to it to simulate human contact for myself while I'm at work and don't get to have it at that moment. So I feel ashamed about eavesdropping. I'm sorry. I'll stop doing it.

• Like 3

I don't know why you guys want to shame us for having a reasoned debate on the forum. That's kind of why it's here. And Steve Yates didn't seem to mind. He provided several vigorous rebuttals.

Two things… First, your point about how people need refrain from getting snippy over something they didn't pay for: The problem with that is that it gives license to people who do pay to have a say in what your creation ought to be. If you want to treat your work like merchandise I guess that's fine, but I doubt you do because that's hacky. I'm a digital collections librarian and all of the work I do is given to the public for free. Now, that certainly doesn't make me exempt from having to listen to what the public has to say about it. Just the opposite actually: since we can't gauge our success with sales, we collect a lot of public feedback to figure our whether or not we're getting things right. Also, I think you might be seeing things incorreclty; that episode generated 40 comments worth of discussion, on just the Earwolf forum. That's good, right?

The other thing: I find your observation about the audience eavesdropping on your conversation really fascinating and I think it says a lot about what the podcast does for listeners. I listen to NPR stories and public lectures on youtube to get informed about the world. I listen to stuff like Improv4Humans and Comedy Bang Bang! to observe really well-trained performers apply their art. Podcasts like Professor Blastoff are sort of this different genre where you hear friends getting together and being amusing with each other and sharing human warmth. I always feel kind of creepy listening to that sort of thing as a third party. It's like I listen to it to simulate human contact for myself while I'm at work and don't get to have it at that moment. So I feel ashamed about eavesdropping. I'm sorry. I'll stop doing it.

Bye. Unsubscribing takes less than a second. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. And by the way, did it ever occur to you that maybe David was not referring to the earwolf forums? Did you not see the comments on ProfessorBlastoff.com?

Anyway, about Tig's mention of The Moth..does this mean we should expect to hear her on The Moth in the near future?

Anyway, about Tig's mention of The Moth..does this mean we should expect to hear her on The Moth in the near future?

Sadly, no. That mangy ol' poodle kept interrupting her business call and caused the deal to fall through.

• Like 1

Another stellar episode of PBO. I really appreciated the kind words from Tig, Kyle, David and Aaron about my most recent appearance. I can't wait to see them live in NYC on Saturday!

When David said "Aaron, Please." I felt bad for Aaron. It was like David talking down to a child. I love the wrangling, but only when it's all in good fun!

I also reacted to David snapping, 'Aaron, please!'. I love when they tease Aaron but only when it's nice and playful (and when aren't Tig and Kyle nice and playful? Love them!). Was David asked to be on the podcast because they needed a dick personality? He's just so mean and bratty and doesn't mesh with Tig and Kyle that well.

Sign in to follow this