🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 187 — Finger Chimes

Academy Award-winner Nat Faxon reveals his most secret pain on today’s Comedy Bang Bang! Special co-host/DJ Forsythia drops by to bring up listenership to her late night radio show, lifts spirits by playing some of her favorite songs, and tells us about the struggles of becoming a woman at the age of 14. Also, Nat describes the premise of the show Ben and Kate, shares the truth behind Hall & Oates’ “I Can’t Go For That,” and talks about his pet collection. Plus, Forsythia has something to tell her mother during a game of Would You Rather?

Really nice episode. It was mellower than usual but was super clever.

And did I hear correctly on Doug Loves Movies that the CBB Live show is ending soon? Does this have any implications for the other forms of CBB (Podcast, TV show)? That kind of made my heart skip a beat when I heard it.

yesssss I love lennon and Nat is so funny. Also Ben & Kate is a really funny show. You should get Lucy Punch and Echo Kellum up in this piece as well.

• Like 2

Pile..A heap of things laid or lying one on top of another.

Heap.. An untidy collection of things piled up haphazardly.

interesting

love this podcast

Call me crazy, but upon hearing Scott and company discuss Ralph (actually Rowlf) the Muppet at length and pronounce him a "bear," I had a hard time not emphatically saying "he's a dog" out loud, as if my important message could somehow get through to them by magically passing through the barriers of space and time.

• Like 15

I ain't never heard of no Fax Natton. Is he one of them dudes that you can only find on the Wingding Internet?

Big ups to Forsythia! I've been listening to her for the last 45 years on the WIND.

Woooo Yeah! Thankz for usin my pluuuuugs theme maaaan! Great ep!

• Like 2

Woooo Yeah! Thankz for usin my pluuuuugs theme maaaan! Great ep!

It was a good theme! Enjoy your fame while it lasts.

• Like 1

Great low-key, slowburn of an episode. Nat was perfect for the show (I'd love to hear him back) and diving into Lennon's character's backstory was hilarious (obviously Lennon should be back as well).

• Like 1

Nat Faxon is one of those guys that shows up in a million shows/movies/commercials and is always good in it, even if the thing itself isn't that good.

Really nice episode. It was mellower than usual but was super clever.

And did I hear correctly on Doug Loves Movies that the CBB Live show is ending soon? Does this have any implications for the other forms of CBB (Podcast, TV show)? That kind of made my heart skip a beat when I heard it.

Obviously there are more qualified people that can answer this, but based on Scott's twitter this is him retiring from the putting together the live show at UCB after 10 years. There was no mention of this choice applying to any other forms of CBB.

• Like 1

I remember hating A Winter's Tale. At the end she's like "Pow! I'm alive, king-hole. How ya like me now, bitch!?" The ending felt a little un-Shakespearian

Obviously there are more qualified people that can answer this, but based on Scott's twitter this is him retiring from the putting together the live show at UCB after 10 years. There was no mention of this choice applying to any other forms of CBB.

Ya he only talked about the live show ending not the podcast or the TV show so I think those will be fine, and Scott even said that a new stand up show will take bang bang's place even though it will be sad to see it go.

Also just wanted to say how great of an episode this was and I have got to say when Scott said who watches the watchmen that just cracked me up.

• Like 2

Great Ep. Nat was in my favorite Reno 911 episode when he and Clementine were running undercover sting operations on each other. Hilarious.

"I'll give you guys a call tonight and wherever we are hanging out I will go over it with you as best friends."

I love how Scott throws little things in there that you can easily miss if you aren't paying attention.

I had no idea who Nat Faxon was before this episode because every time I'd randomly see him I thought he was Seth Meyers' brother who joined That 70's Show in the last season or two. And I'd think "hey, good for him for still getting jobs!"

Turns out he's probably homeless instead.

I made a Spotify playlist for those of us who enjoy the light favorites. Couldn't find Wildflowers but there's some good stuff on there. Try the playlist radio too B)

• Like 1

You're awesome, rachelpi, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for making my late work-night. (also, the episode was great)