πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 121.5 β€” Sklarbro County 26

Today in Sklarbro prairie comes the awesome Cash Levy (from the podcast Cashing In With TJ Miller). He talks about his propensity for catching foul balls, sneaking into the Super Bowl, and how to get into any gym in the world. Dan Van Kirk tells us crazy stories about a guy outsourcing the police to clear out his party, the worst toy ever invented, and arguing in public using a jeep truck. Then Alan Arkin calls in and clears up how he gets his mushrooms. Christmas comes early this year on the calming shores of Sklarbro County. It’s fresher than Kentucky Rain.

Love the show but Dan never really finished the first story. Then brought up another story about the breast feeding doll that has been out for a year or more. The doll, marketed as "Bebe Gloton" in Europe in 2009, has dropped its gluttonous-sounding name for the U.S. release. 2011. I dont care about old storys but I do care about unfinished ones! HENDERSON! Love Ya Dan!

If anyone was wondering, the opening song (briefly discussed but not named) is "Long Vows" by Band of Horses.

Love the show but Dan never really finished the first story.

Β 

That's the beauty of County! It's super casual and changes formats. I would have been bummed if they hadn't pursued the fact that apparently Cash has found his way into every major sporting event of the past decade!

Β 

I listen to Cashing In, and I never suspected that behind the straight man to TJ's antics that there was a mastermind like Cash willing to let his wife get caught in order to enjoy a game that he crept into.

Β 

Cash, where were you when I was standing in a Philly parking lot outside of the 2008 World Series?!

Β 

This episode was epic!

Great podcast. A couple takes:

- Jason, no need to tell Mellow Randy to "settle down". He's very settled and he's definitely down, man. A few "settle downs" and he'll be Harshed Mellow Randy which isn't cool. Man.

- Re: Cash's exploits. Great call just running with that because it's fascinating on many levels. I remember I was in DC on a high school trip. One of the teachers chaperoning us stood up to give us a talk before we headed into a visit to the US Capitol. We all thought it was going to be the old "stay out of trouble" speech. He instead did a 180. He told us if we see a door that read "Do not enter"-- open it. If we saw a committee room blocked off with a sign that read, "Closed to the public", he said screw it - go in and take a seat. We had the best day and I never really forgot that. I didn't lead to a life of sneaking into games, etc., but, without getting syrupy on you, it taught me that sometimes you can and need to challenge some of the restrictions and barriers that we are presented with along the way. I find many people don't get want they want because they don't (or won't) ask for it.

Β 

Keep it up. Need you guys back in Ann Arbor soon.

Good to hear some Neon Indian on the podcast! Their first album (Psychic Chasms) was amazing! I'm sure Cash's method to get into gyms would work most of the time, but how dumb would you look if they didn't let you in and asked for your membership card. Probably say something like ,"oh yea, I forgot it in the car" and then just leave.

I'm sure Cash's method to get into gyms would work most of the time, but how dumb would you look if they didn't let you in and asked for your membership card. Probably say something like ,"oh yea, I forgot it in the car" and then just leave.

Β 

He totally comes from the Costanza school of thought...

Really enjoyed the episode and Cash to be specific. I have been meaning to start listening to Cashing In because I'm a big TJ fan but seeing how great Cash was on this episode makes me want to start listening to his podcast right now.

Sign in to follow this