🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
paulscheer

HDTGM ALERT - Set Your DVRs for LIZ & DICK (Nov 25th Lifetime)

Let's just say I have a good hunch that this will be the next episode...So pre-emptively prepare yourselves!

Is it LITERALLY "How Did This Get Made"? Like, how did this project, a film starring Lindsey Lohan, reach completion and manage to find itself in front of an audience of human eyeballs?

Jesus, I'm a half hour in, and all it is is a run-of-the-mill generic garbage bio-pic. It's not astonishingly bad, though it's certainly not good, and there's about zero entertainment value to get out of it. I think I'm just going to stop watching it, as it doesn't seem like there's going to be much of anything to discuss aside from the fact that they have LITERALLY gotten together and broken up eleventy zillion times in the first third of the movie. I really hope this isn't getting anything more than a mini episode. If anything, watching this makes me want to pop in "Walk Hard", which is the perfect bio-pic because it's EVERY bio-pic with LITERALLY umpteen kajillion percent more self-awareness. "Liz and Dick" is just bland and boring.

what accent is lohan using? I know elizabeth taylor was born in england and raised in america, but was lohan's accent even american? massive probs to grant bowler for his richard burton but goodness gracious, i have no idea where lohan is going with this performance?

I was only half paying attention after the first 40 minutes or so, but it seemed like the whole movie was just a bunch of vignettes strung together, like it only handles one thing at a time and nothing has any effect on anything else. For instance, they get offered Virginia Wolfe, they star in Virginia Woolfe, they're nominated for Oscars and Dick loses. That ALL happens in like 5 minutes, but I'm sure it had to have taken up a year of their lives, and some of the other stuff in the movie is probably taking place at the same time. The whole movie is like that, just segments strung together, with them fighting and making up every 2 minutes until Dick just dies at the end. Pretty lame.

Sign in to follow this