🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 12 — Do The Rap!

Jensen Karp is on a mission to use his encyclopedic knowledge of Hip-Hop to get us up on obscure moments from the world of Hip-Hop on this week’s episode of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Jensen tells us about his podcast Get Up On This, how he grew out of his OCD, and signing a million dollar record deal at the age of 19. Jensen & Jake are here to say that they love Hip-Hop in a major way with some clips like Arsenio’s fat suit rapping alter ego Chunky A, Cam’ron on Bill O’Reilly, and the source of the comedy rap cadence. Plus, we call Barry Sobel to ask if he indeed wrote Rappin’ Rodney, the rap in Revenge of The Nerds II, and talk about how Rodney Dangerfield convinced him to do his rapping bit on his HBO special. Make sure to go leave reviews for Gravediggaz’s “6 Feet Deep” and the Geto Boys’ “Mind Playing Tricks on Me” in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes. Stop Snitchin’!

I've only ever heard Jensen guest on other shows, so I had no idea he used to be a rapper. I like that even now his Wikipedia page redirects to "Hot Karl."

That Flintstones rapping bit was great. I never knew that was where that stupid "My Name Is" thing came from.

"my name is rapping scott and im here to say its fun to rap in a feminist way" dont put it down the choctaw uses the 'my name is' technique for rap battles on comedy bang bang

• Like 7

Barry MOTHERF**KING Sobel!

Jake, seriously that was killer episode (as are all of them!). It's always good when Jansen Karp shows up on any podcast. I was hoping he'd show up on the Files. I know a few people that worked on those Fruity Pebbles commericals during that era. I should ask them if they have some of the storyboards for the commercial. I never knew that's where the "My name is..." rap meme came from. Wow, I got my FogelFact for the day!

You now have to get Howard Kremer on this and do another rap/hip hop show.... *swoons*

Have you seen this one? Barney doing a Vanilla Ice/Hammer mash...

- Ryan

• Like 2

Yet again, I love this show so much because there is no telling what is going to be on every episode. Wonderful job Jake! Thanks for making Tuesday even brighter.

• Like 2

Jake, I just wanted to say how great you are and how great it is you appreciate your fans so much. Thank you for being wonderful and doing an awesome podcast.

• Like 2

I can't deal with this level of niceness on the Internet!

Jensen's podcast is great by the way! Check it out if you haven't!

http://smodcast.com/...get-up-on-this/

Was it Jake that mentioned how great the fans are on the Earwolf forums? It's pretty true. What I like about us is how quickly we attack negativity. I bring this up only because I was just reading 'Peter Pan' to my girls last night and came across this, from the narrator, and I think it sums up negative comments perfectly.

"However, as we are here we may as well stay and look on. That is all we are, lookers-on. Nobody really wants us. So let us watch and say jaggy things, in the hope that some of them will hurt."

• Like 1

GREAT ep , plus it had me go listen to 'Ether' again. I had forgotten how fucking excellent this track is. 'You tae bo ho'

This may be the first Fogelnest Files crossover, but on the 2 Live Jews album, in the song "Jokin' Jews" they make fun of L'Trimm's "Cars That Go Boom" ("They like the men...the men who go (phlegmy Jewish coughing noise), (phlegmy Jewish coughing noise)"

I had this tape when I was in high school and very much enjoyed it non-ironically.

This may be the first Fogelnest Files crossover, but on the 2 Live Jews album, in the song "Jokin' Jews" they make fun of L'Trimm's "Cars That Go Boom" ("They like the men...the men who go (phlegmy Jewish coughing noise), (phlegmy Jewish coughing noise)"

I had this tape when I was in high school and very much enjoyed it non-ironically.

Hey BillBrasky2620!

I'm just putting together stuff for tonight's LIVE show at UCB and I came across your name having left a review for Sparks' "Kimono My House" in the iTunes section for the podcast. That made me laugh really hard! It inspired me to pull Sparks on SNL for tonight!

There are still some tickets left for the show for people that are in LA:

http://losangeles.ucbtheatre.com/shows/view/3201

COLIN HANKS and PAUL SCHEER are the guests. And we have a special guest dropping in!

• Like 1

Jake for your next rapisode you need to get Jeff Weiss from Shots Fired. More nerdgasming over rap. It would be a joy to listen to.

Also This episode reminded me how much I want Hot Karl to be a guest on Shots Fired.

It inspired me to pull Sparks on SNL for tonight!

I did not have time to get to this! There was too much to discuss. It will have to wait for another show!

Dave Koechner joined Colin, Paul and I tonight which was a blast! The episode will be out Tuesday.

Have to get Jensen in on Shots Fired for sure.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this