🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 1 — No Homo

Welcome to the first episode of Owen & TJ Read The News! Every month Owen Burke (Funny or Die) and TJ (Adam McKay) read the news and get into the culture of Jacksonville, a.k.a J-Ville. On their first episode they discuss the looming fiscal cliff, Papa John’s raising their prices due to Obamacare, and the Hostess bankruptcy.

Do people really still say "no homo"? I remember hearing that back in 2007 and thinking it sounded goofy, that stood up to the test of time?

I'm in the market for a new phone case. These sound pretty sweet, where can I get one. No homo, of course.

Do people really still say "no homo"? I remember hearing that back in 2007 and thinking it sounded goofy, that stood up to the test of time?

It's largely been replaced by the phrase 'pause', but some dudes still use it.

I highly enjoyed the show and look forward to more!

More Adam McKay is always a good thing.

This show was hilarious! Good addition to Earwolf Channel. Keep 'em comin'.... no homo, though. for real.

Yes sadly most of my neighbors still use that phrase quite a lot, it is very depressing.

On another note I enjoyed the show and look forward to more.

Finally listened today.

Pure genius. The scary thing is that McKay's character is completely realistic. I've met countless idiots like that.

Amazing show, and I can't wait for the next one.

A perfect characterization of white trash! I'll point my northern buddies to this podcast as to one of the reasons why you don't to live in J-ville or FLA

Southerners are stupid. Ha ha ha.

"No homo" jokes are real timely.

I lasted less than 10 minutes.

Southerners are stupid. Ha ha ha.

"No homo" jokes are real timely.

I lasted less than 10 minutes.

You have to listen to more than 10 minutes.

Once they start to develop TJ as a character it gets incredible.

Also, no homo is still a thing, unfortunately.

no homo and nappy dugout? wow maybe u should but a rap album made in the last 15 years, that way the material could get freshened up. you sound more like a square middle aged...oh wait a minute...

Just listened to this, funny stuff.

I love that the main gripe people have is that the slang isn't contemporary enough, haha. I don't know why that even matters, it's a character.