🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Formula 51 (2001)

Anyone remember this horrible Samuel L Jackson flick where he plays a drug maker who is trying to sell his formula for the next big party drug? It had Meatloaf playing a gangster who called himself the Lizard and for some reason Samuel was wearing a kilt. Even the movie acknowledges that they don't know why he was wearing it.

I was just thinking about this movie the other day. I had a realization, the plot of this film is very similar to the plot of breaking bad, their both about a disgraced chemist who's last resort is to make drugs for a psychotic drug lord(played by meatloaf). There's even a scene where Sam Jackson blows up meatloaf with a decoy batch of drugs( a la Walt vs. Tuco). Not to mention, Sam Jackson's patented party drug in the film is even known for it's blue color, just like Walt's meth on B.B. Maybe it's just me, but I definitely see some parallels.

• Like 1

Are you saying Vince Gilligan copied Formula 51?

• Like 1

I've had a goal to recreate golfing-kilt wearing SLJ in tf2

Best part was when the nazi's shit their pants.

That's always a great thing to see

this movies is one of the most coo coo bananas movies i have ever seen and yet thoroughly enjoyed you got samuel L jackson as a drug kingpin's chemist named elmo mcelroy who inexplicibly wears a kilt the whole movie, you got meatloaf as a drug kingpin named the lizard who refers to himself in the third person(by the way the lizard is not pleased), and you got rhys ifans as some kind of criminal who is comepletly insane. to give you an idea at one point he is setting up a meeting over the phone its a totally normal no nonsense call and then when he gets off the phone he rips off his coat revealing himself in a bra and panties and rubs his nipples. this comes out of nowhere ends suddenly and is in no way set up or referenced in the context of the movie.

and i almost forgot when elmo makes some neo nazis have eplosive diarrhea all over themselves and i mean extremly graphic on the floor writhing in pain smearing shit all over themselves and the floor diarrhea.

this movie is amazing and the guys have got to do it

Just joined up to recommend this one. I loved this movie when it was new but it has NOT aged well. Totally batshit insane early-00's excess in the vein of Swordfish.

Gotta love Samuel L Jackson in the kilt though.

Tqv0R9qqTDBoVWTQJMN8nw0wexIvAPCaut0ME0Y-

I was all about this one in college. Am I remembering correctly that there was also an awful sex scene with a squeaking rubber ducky?

Sign in to follow this