Episode 189 — The Pancake Man

38 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

One of our favorite film directors Werner Herzog and one of America’s favorite comedians Chris Fairbanks are here on today’s Comedy Bang Bang! Werner lets us know about his upcoming acting debut and Chris reveals the truth behind pancakes and flapjacks. Will Werner give up directing? Why are pancakes plaguing the nation? Does role play come into a game of Would You Rather? All these questions and more will be answered once you give this episode a listen!

#2 VampiresVampiresVampires

Poet Laureate of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationLand Virginnie

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Even though I am smiling like a stupid chicken on the inside, I have forced myself to Klaus Kinski my mouth on the outside. I accept your judgement.

#3 Gym Sockerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

And I will see you at the computer lab at the movies, browsing ThingX.com, wearing my Bonobos, sipping on a Pepsi Next while listening to my Audible.com audio book, but never at the post office.

#4 khd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

i love the stamps.com ads that scott's doing, they're really getting their money's worth :)

#5 Inthehallwaynow

the captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

I cant wait for werner herzogs john grishams the pancake man starring werner herzog as said pancake man and one of the flap jacks the pancake man

#6 Picklefucker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Dueling Stewarts needs to be a regular feature, complete with uncomfortable Werner Herzog.

#7 Shlappyguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

I guess Werner forgot that he already made his acting debut (as himself) in "Incident at Loch Ness". Makes sense, since he also forgot the name of the movie he was appearing in with Tom Cruise.

I was just listening to the latest Pod F Tompkast last night wherein Paul mused on creating a series where Garry Marshall and Werner Herzog travel around looking for crytozoological creatures- he should check out "Incidet at Loch Ness" for a partial preview of what that might look like.

#8 Ryan West

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

I feel like if you sped/pitched Werner Herzog up by 15%, he would become John Malkovich.

#9 mwn

problem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

We were so close to the return of Dismissive Jimmy Stewart!

#10 Colin Fraser

Engineering Physicist, Tinkler of Ivories

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

I love Chris's closing of the gym floor reference on its own, but then to lead to the return of Aukerman's Jimmy Stewart; incredible.

Also, is anyone else concerned over the severe deflation of Would You Rather Points?

#11 Cyrus Ghahremani

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationfuck podcasts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

in 2008 i ate Kodiak Cakes on a daily basis, in place of bread if breakfast wasn't what was happening.

no regrets
o.g. earwolf · producer of gelmania · singer and lead guitarist of hot karate

#12 ZacMof

Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Werner Herzog's John Grisham's The Pancake Man Starring Werner Herzog as said Pancake Man and one of the Flapjacks:
The Pancake Man

#13 Dan Engler

The Wolf Dan

• Moderators
  • 628 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I am shocked that Scott Jeffries wasn't on hand to promote upcoming mega-hit Jack Reacher.

If you're in trouble, get a Reacher 'round, December 21.

#14 Henry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Werner also forgot that he had a pretty significant roll in "Julien Donkey-Boy"

#15 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Amazing episode. I think Herzog is my favorite PFT character. Oh, who am I kidding, they're all my favorite.

If Scott sings "Wipe-Out" in every ad from now on, I promise to buy a product or service from every Earwolf sponsor.

#16 Cabbagehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

"I dream of Giant"

#17 myownflag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Werner has obviously not seen this deleted scene explaining the T-800's accent:

#18 Sean G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

IMDb lists 23 acting credits for Mr. Herzog.

I too was hoping to get a teaser about Werner's upcoming project with Garry Marshall, but at the end when they made the time travel jokes I realized that this pre-taped episode probably happened before PFT even finished up the Great Undiscovered Project.

#19 ppgwave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

My god, I love a Werner Herzog episode. After a Werner episode, I have his voice in my head for days, making very serious commentary.

Ch-riss plays very nice Ch-aracters.

#20 wheelchair girl

i am banned. everyone change your name to Spartacus!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

wow, a character incapable of humor talking to a man who found out he has arthritis. I have so many movie plot ideas swimming around in my head right now. Hey, I wonder if Magic Johnson would be available to play a child prostitute who is roommates with Ben Stein? This premise is gold. Nothing could possibly go wrong.
FREE WHEELY. the aquarium owners(mods) put me in jail.