🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I have seen the perfect movie for this wonderful podcast and it is the 6th Day. Lasers shooting off feet, creepy robot dolls that no child would want, sexy holograms and bad CG. All that and its a Schwarzenneger film post True Lies. The best.

Don't forget the eyelid tattoos and Arnold doing another version of "Those are my cookies" from Jingle All the Way when he says "He was smoking my cigars." Then there is the main bad guy's clone stripping the man he's a clone of even though the guy is still alive, does that make it masturbation since they are technically the same guy?

Yeah he did have that look to him and he was also the bad guy from Ghost and the voice of Tarzan, gotta love character actors.

Quite simply, the most implausible sci-fi movie ever. Not because of the constant cloning or the creepy dolls that kids are crazy about. No, just because it proposes that the most popular sports league in the future is the XFL.

• Like 1

This isn't a good movie, but I think it's rather watchable. I don't remember if it's weaknesses make it a good candidate yet, it's been so long since I've seen it.

It's worth it just to hear Anrold say "clone" over and over as if his mouth is full of chewing tobacco.

I love it that the Razzies nominated Arnold for this film for Worst Actor as the real Adam, Worst Supporting Actor for playing his clone and Worst Screen Couple for playing opposite himself, but they later ended up losing them all to Battlefield Earth.

• Like 3

I just hope beyond hope that this movie is at least on their radar. I feel like they would like this more than they did Junior at the very least.

If they do in Arnold movie next they got to do kindergarten cop before this.

Mind you this was not his greatest work. I only watch this one once that was enough for me.

It pretty much predicted the Samsung smart fridge, along with self driving cars and Virtual Reality! It is the best, worst Arnold movie ever made!

If they do in Arnold movie next they got to do kindergarten cop before this.

Mind you this was not his greatest work. I only watch this one once that was enough for me.

Watch it. Kindergarten Cop is a diamond in the rough. Not without its imperfections, but still a real gem. Also, did you know they did a part two with Dolph Lundgren?

Kindergarten Cop is also another solid option, but for me 6th day just checks off so many boxes. Theres just so much to fucking talk about its almost staggering.

This movie is ripe for the HDTGM picking. The nightmare-inducing doll alone is enough to ask how this movie got made, but we also get two Schwarzeneggers for the price of one!

This future tale of the dangers of cloning even throws in a deformed, slimy Tony Goldwyn for good measure. And it's always fun to see Terry Crews playing a bad guy :)

With a 41% on Rotten Tomatoes, this movie deserves a go on HDTGM. Who's with me?!?

cindy2.jpg

• Like 1

Who's with me?!?

Yes yes yes yes. One of my favorites. So entertaining and silly. AND THAT DOLL!!!

So dumb like most sci fi movies from these guys (see: Demolition Man, Judge Dredd, TimeCop).

The reason behind the cloning of Arnie is so convoluted for nothing...

And the scenes between the two Arnies are hilarious.

Got one of the best one-liner in movie history ("Go f--- yourself" and later "I didn't mean literally").

Michael Rapaport plays the exact same character he did in "Deep Blue Sea".

And it even has a classic HDTGM trope: "what the hell is this Academy-Award Winner doing here?" (Robert Duvall)

The final shootout is also crazy in editing and jumps around so much - you believe it'll reveal that there are 2 Arnies doing all the shooting but actually no, it's just badly edited.

Please guys, I don't give a damn about Airborne or Surf Ninjas, I need another Arnie episode now!!

• Like 1

Got one of the best one-liner in movie history ("Go f--- yourself" and later "I didn't mean literally").

I also love how they put a little spin on Arnie's catch phrase when he says, "Look, I might be back." And the clerk at RePet (another bonkers part of this movie) says, "You'll be back."

• Like 2

Really hope they tackle this movie. Aside from the last act dragging on a bit too long, this movie really is a delightful watch despite some terrible writing.

Michael Rooker lying about people being dead is easily my favorite part of this whole movie though.