Episode 124 — Two Giraffe Lengths From the Red Ass

5 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

We've had a lot of incredible guests on the show before but it's rare that you get to sit down and talk to a legend, a first ballot hall of famer and in this episode we get to do just that when legendary theater and television director Jim Burrows stops by the calming shores of Sklarbro Country. Jim tells us about being taken in by Zsa Zsa Gabor in his early days, working with Andy Kaufman, and how difficult it was to write jokes for Norm on Cheers. He also talks about witnessing Kirk Gibson's 1988 World Series home run, riding in a sidecar with Bruce Springsteen, and joins Randy & Jason for a round of Quick Hits. Plus, Richard Branson drops by to let us know his plans for the end of the world. You don't want to miss this classic episode with one of the most influential guests on the comedy genre of our time.

#2 Docwhiskey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Adderall is banned because it's a steroid masking agent

#3 Corky Kneivel

Mezmo the Mezterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSacramento Comedy Spot

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

I could listen to old Hollywood guys talk shop FOREVER. And a legend like Burrows? Amazing. It is impossible to state the effect he has had on modern comedy. I recently watched the entire of Cheers on netflix and it was such a walk down memory lane, like I was transported back to being 8 and I could remember exactly which jokes me and my dad laughed at together.

Thank you for this episode.

#4 pongo

Child of Earwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

I love that James Adomian makes it a point for all of his characters to get Randy and Jason mixed up.

#5 Novato

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Really enjoyed this episode. I'm glad you guys didn't feel pressured to fit this into the normal style of the show and just let it flow with the stories.

#6 Cabbagehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Good stuff, thx guys.