🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 124 — Two Giraffe Lengths From the Red Ass

We've had a lot of incredible guests on the show before but it's rare that you get to sit down and talk to a legend, a first ballot hall of famer and in this episode we get to do just that when legendary theater and television director Jim Burrows stops by the calming shores of Sklarbro Country. Jim tells us about being taken in by Zsa Zsa Gabor in his early days, working with Andy Kaufman, and how difficult it was to write jokes for Norm on Cheers. He also talks about witnessing Kirk Gibson's 1988 World Series home run, riding in a sidecar with Bruce Springsteen, and joins Randy & Jason for a round of Quick Hits. Plus, Richard Branson drops by to let us know his plans for the end of the world. You don't want to miss this classic episode with one of the most influential guests on the comedy genre of our time.

I could listen to old Hollywood guys talk shop FOREVER. And a legend like Burrows? Amazing. It is impossible to state the effect he has had on modern comedy. I recently watched the entire of Cheers on netflix and it was such a walk down memory lane, like I was transported back to being 8 and I could remember exactly which jokes me and my dad laughed at together.

Thank you for this episode.

I love that James Adomian makes it a point for all of his characters to get Randy and Jason mixed up.

Really enjoyed this episode. I'm glad you guys didn't feel pressured to fit this into the normal style of the show and just let it flow with the stories.

Sign in to follow this