🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 17 — CBB Nativity Pageant Special

Join Scott Aukerman and Kulap Vilaysack as they reflect on the past 10 years of the Comedy Bang Bang: Standup show. Get a glimpse of what it is to be backstage at a Comedy Bang Bang show and hear some heartfelt messages recorded backstage at the 2012 Comedy Bang Bang Nativity Pageant from some amazing comedians such as Zach Galifianakis, Todd Glass, Jimmy Pardo, Jenny Slate, Patton Oswalt, Paul F. Tompkins, Doug Benson, Brian Posehn, Anthony Jeselnik, and many more. We also encourage you to donate to the LA Food Bank. Special thanks to Audible for sponsoring this special episode and Robyn Van Swank for the amazing photos of the evening.

• Like 1

I actually misted up a bit around the 70th minute when I realized there will be show like this for the podcast one day. Please, please, please let me old and confused by then.

• Like 1

Excitement can't described how I felt when earwolf said on twitter that this was going to be released. I thought that it was going to be sold through the store originally but this is even better. Also Audible is the best for giving all their proceeds to the LA food bank as well. The interviews were hilarious and heart warming and you could really tell how much CDR and CBB have effected their lives. Hearing how comics saying how Scott started their careers really got me emotional. I expected to get emotional but it really touched me and just seemed like a warm and happy place. Jake was awesome and clearly loving every moment being their. I really feel like I connect with him and you could just feel his pure joy to be a part of this which just makes me so happy. I also looked at the pictures first was just like, "Wait is that Joss Whedon?" He was an awesome surprise and hearing Scott talk about how he never met Joss was super hysterical to me. Speaking of Scott I just love hearing him and Kulap interact which you can rarely hear Analyze Phish, Who Charted, and kind of on Death Ray so that was an awesome treat as well. This was an amazing treat and I would like to thank Scott for CBB in general, and Jeff for coming up with this spectacular idea. What you guys do means a lot to people and I want to let you know that.

• Like 1

I've never been to one of these shows. I live on the other side of the country. And I'm feeling emotions right now. Fuck you, sincerity!

• Like 1

Dammit, I love Earwolf in the most un-ironic way

Thank you Jeff, Scott, and well everyone else who helps put these shows together. CBB obviously has had a super positive impact on a lot of people. Especially the artists/guests. It is so great to hear this stuff.

This is why the comedy nerd fans love this stuff too. CBB's podcast format allows people like me who live really far away to still be in on the fun, plus we get extra shows like HC and HDTGM. It's why I went to Seattle just to catch one live CBB. It's why the same small group of people hang out on these boards all the time, with very little negativity. You do great work, and have fun doing it.

Welp, time to go buy any merch I don't already own and donate to the studio again. :)

P.S. Props on giving to the L.A. food bank. You guys make the L.A. comedy scene what it is and it's awesome that you give back.

• Like 3

The clip with Kroll, Peretti and Glass was amazing. "Scott Auperman touched my dip"

• Like 2

Dammit, I love Earwolf in the most un-ironic way

Thank you Jeff, Scott, and well everyone else who helps put these shows together. CBB obviously has had a super positive impact on a lot of people. Especially the artists/guests. It is so great to hear this stuff.

This is why the comedy nerd fans love this stuff too. CBB's podcast format allows people like me who live really far away to still be in on the fun, plus we get extra shows like HC and HDTGM. It's why I went to Seattle just to catch one live CBB. It's why the same small group of people hang out on these boards all the time, with very little negativity. You do great work, and have fun doing it.

Welp, time to go buy any merch I don't already own and donate to the studio again. :)

P.S. Props on giving to the L.A. food bank. You guys make the L.A. comedy scene what it is and it's awesome that you give back.

Thanks so much for all the kind words and your continued support, it warms my heart!

I've heard Jon Hamm on the podcast before, and I know that he's been a longtime Friend of Comedy. And yet it still freaks me out that Mr. Ridiculously Handsome likes to hang out with goofy people who make goofy puns and riff on weird mispronunciations of celebrity names ... and that he not only hangs out with people like that , but actually PARTICIPATES in those kinds of activities.

Scott, congratulations on the long run of the CDR/CBB stage show. I appreciate your hard work and the amazing constellation of funny and talented people you've gathered around you. I thank you for making me aware of some of the funniest people alive. Comedy couldn't ask for a better den mother!!

Just curious as to why it's censored. It's a great show just odd that it's bleeped.

I was wondering that too. It was especially confusing that PFT dropped a rare F-bomb and it wasn't bleeped.

Really great show, good mix of sincere comments, memories, and pure fun. I'd imagine that this will be amazing for Scott, the other comedians, and fans of the live show to go back and listen to years down the road.

I was wondering that too. It was especially confusing that PFT dropped a rare F-bomb and it wasn't bleeped.

Really great show, good mix of sincere comments, memories, and pure fun. I'd imagine that this will be amazing for Scott, the other comedians, and fans of the live show to go back and listen to years down the road.

There is a new file up without the bleeps. What happened was that we had a company interested in sponsoring the ep but they were concerned about vulgarity. So in my initial pass, I put in bleeps in my editing notes. But as it went along (and as the night got later and later), it was just too much so I stopped and put a note in for the engineer that said - disregard the bleeps. And then told the sponsor it wouldn't work.

He didn't see that note in the email. So they went in. When I heard the file this morning that they were still in and asked him to fix. He sent out the new file earlier and it was swapped out. So if you delete and re-download, you'll hear the uncensored version.

• Like 4

Hey Mr. Fogelnest, I saw you at the last PFT show and was gonna say hello but didn't wanna bug you. I was the opposite human of you. The tall black guy. LOL

Hey Mr. Fogelnest, I saw you at the last PFT show and was gonna say hello but didn't wanna bug you. I was the opposite human of you. The tall black guy. LOL

If you see me again please say hello! Always say hello!

P.S. my wife

Is it weird that I'll miss a show I've never been to? I'd heard about the show way back, around when it started. I wanted to go so badly, even more so since Scott said he was thinking about ending it, that I was trying to figure out the logistics of a drive from Phoenix to LA since I was in Arizona a month ago... It didn't happen.

After listening to this (amongst other podcasts/interviews) I feel like I missed out on a chunk of comedy history. In an effort to not feel like I totally missed out I just went and bought the poster for the final show, so at least I was tangentially involved.

Sign in to follow this