🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 58 — Basset Hound Lips

Katt Williams has been in the news so much lately that it has inspired Matt Besser to invite improvisers Ian Roberts, Alex Berg, and Jon Daly to dedicate a whole episode to Mr. Williams. They will explore the use of Oakland cocaine, consider getting basset hound lip injections, and the examine the exploitation of celebrities on the news. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “The Six Most Important Sets in the History of Standup” at mattbesser.com!

Hahahaha. Ian Roberts's Kat Williams impression was so great.

And I love the sentiment that atheists can't say the word, "God". Like not believing the concept of something immediately deletes the word from their lexicon.

Ditto on the Kat Williams impression. Also really liked the Gollum sketch, all around good F'n episode!

I wish James Adomian was on as a guest. His Jesse Ventura would have been great for the Katt Williams writer room.

Question about the Hurricane Jon Cryer skit: did Chuck Lorre and Hugh Laurie become the same person?

• Like 2

So many good impressions in this episode! And I love that Katt Williams was used as the inspiration for the entire thing. The Oakland cocaine/engaged couple bit was insane!

Yards of Lips, Oakland Cocaine, Taint bush, Agatha Christie's pussy full of blow. So many potential titles; but Bassett Hound Lips is certainly the King.

You know who's a funny muthafucka? Iaaaan Roberts. Ian Roberts is a funny muthafucka.

Agreed. His angle on things makes me laugh very much, and if I am not careful I become short of breath, which in turn makes me quite loopy.

• Like 1

I like how Katt Williams is going all Jesus on people while preaching how much pussy he gets. I'm pretty sure the Bible says that you shouldn't be doing that.

• Like 2

Holy shit this episode might've jumped into my top three. Ian Roberts is fucking hilarious. It's been months since I've laughed as hard as I did when he busted out that Katt Williams impression.

Alex Berg's off the dome Gandalf quote was unexpectedly good, and pretty close to the actual quote. For anyone that accuses me of being a nerd, well, at first I thought it was a Galadriel quote... Oh, I guess I'm just a nerd that's a little rusty with my LOTR trivia.

As for Katt Williams, screw him. I don't find him funny at all, and do not understand why he blew up... And all of those clips just made me fucking angry. He wasn't even doing material. Also, that 'freestyle' he did was garbage. There was no real intelligence to it, off-rhythm (and not purposefully like someone like RZA), and it was so damn long. I hope he actually meant it when he said he was retiring.

Question about the Hurricane Jon Cryer skit: did Chuck Lorre and Hugh Laurie become the same person?

I was wondering the same thing.

Great episode!

I think the hurricane Jon Cryer sketch is one of the few i4h sketches in its run that I really didn't "get."

Don't make me put your cuss words in my patented "Figure-4 Leg Lock".

This was a great episode. I think the episodes that focus on a particular topic/event (like the Victoria Jackson episode) are some of the best.

I liked Katt Williams' stand up on Netflix, but it's not nearly good enough for him to get away with how completely off-the-rails crazy he is acting. It's like what the Sklars say, you need to have a No-Man in your posse to counteract all the Yes-Men.

Sign in to follow this