🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 191 — 2012 Holiday Spectacular

all those fucking giggles in the background during riffs make me laugh soo much harder I love it and playing the game of identifying who the laugh belongs to GREAT EP!

• Like 7

Gigglefest 2012! These are all the best guys!

Loved Jon Daly's slide out of and back into character.

There is nothing more funny than hilarious people intentionally making terrible jokes.

• Like 1

I've never felt more honored in my life than when Scott Auckerman said my name. He even pronounced it with more accuracy than 8 out of 10 substitute teachers.

I will use my week of fame wisely.

• Like 1

although humorous, the whole murdering children part should probably have been cut. comes off a bit insensitive in light of recent events.

This week, on the AV Club:

THE REST

Comedy Bang Bang #191: 2012 Holiday Spectacular: Harris Wittels, Paul Rust, Paul F. Tompkins

Although this week's episode got off to a strong start, a tasteless conversation about slitting children's throats turned the whole listening experience sour in light of recent events.

• Like 3

This week, on the AV Club:

THE REST

Comedy Bang Bang #191: 2012 Holiday Spectacular: Harris Wittels, Paul Rust, Paul F. Tompkins

Although this week's episode got off to a strong start, a tasteless conversation about slitting children's throats turned the whole listening experience sour in light of recent events.

Fuck the AV Club.

• Like 4

I love the AV Club but their Podmass is terrible.

On their best of 2012, boring dorm-room philosophy chat show You Made it Weird was placed #4, while stuff like improv4humans and How Did This Get Made? were completely unranked.

EDIT:

Ah. I see. You meant it as a joke. Carry on.

Loved this episode so much. Hearing PFT and Co. laughing in the background made it so much better.

Getting offended at the SanterClanz throat-slitting part is dumb. Has absolutely nothing to do with recent events (most likely recorded before the events even happened) and was presented in a completely hilarious manner.

This was a great episode.

i wasn't offended by the SanterClanz throat-slitting, but i did have trouble laughing at the idea of kids being killed, particularly in light of the recent events. i don't know if i would have found it funny otherwise...maybe i would have, out of the sheer ridiculousness of it, but at this time, it didn't work for me :/

the rest of the episode was great, always enjoy hearing harris wittels and paul rust, as well as the rest of the regulars try to outdo each other!

In this episode, Jon Daly made me laugh harder than I have in a quite a while. It may have help hearing everyone else in the room cracking up too.

So much going on in this podcast. It reminds of that get-together Angela had when she slipped and fell in the pool. To make her feel better, though, I acted like she did it on purpose and I jumped in too. And soon after that, everybody jumped in!

For the record, I actually like the AV Club, and I even like podmass. They have introduced me to a number of podcasts that I probably wouldn't have found out about otherwise, and they serve as a pretty good reference point for many of the podcasts that I watch semi-regularly. I might see, for example, that the show has a really good guest or segment that makes it a must-download. And it's one of the only places I've seen with coverage/discussion of podcasts as a general media. The other ones I've seen are either specific to a certain small area (like this site) or just a big "laundry list" of podcasts that is a pain in the ass to sift through for the stuff I want to read about. I think there's a lot of room for improvement (with the format especially) but overall I consider it a good thing.

But I do find it funny when a reviewer will give a bizarre, outlier review to something because of one little point that bothered them. I doubt it will happen this week, though.

• Like 1

I think that harris has been abducted by scott, and that his "jokes" are really clues that only the police can understand.

• Like 1

although humorous, the whole murdering children part should probably have been cut. comes off a bit insensitive in light of recent events.

if Paul Rust is laughing, a hundred angels got their wings. End of conversation.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this