🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 19 — The Christmas Womptacular

Yes!!!

By the way, if you guys like St Clair, Zouks and Parham together, check out episode 42 of improv4humans. Amazing.

• Like 7

I fully support Marissa Wompler making a podcast, however it would have to be fairly infrequent, say once a month, to preserve the comedy gold.

I actually had to rewind this episode a whole bunch to pick up on all the great things like Marissa calling Seth her dad. Brilliant improv guys.

@MattCameron, I agree. I remember Matt Besser saying how good that trio was and that he wanted to have them back on together. Hasn't happened yet, but I understand Jessica & Lennon are currently busy writing something, so I just appreciate that they were able to make time fire the Womptacular.

Just a thought, but I would have thought "The Wampa" would have been a better nickname than "Wompstache" for someone so hairy. Although, Marissa's Wompstaches would be great for the Earwolf store, along with Tig Wigs, should those ever happen.

It goes without saying, but this show was hilarious from start to finish! And I wanted to mention that I know the song "Popcorn" that Scott started singing, from out of nowhere, and it was an hilariously accurate rendition!

• Like 1

Not sure whatever praise can be added above, but I almost screamed with delight when I saw this episode this morning.

I actually started to feel a little bit sorry for Gutterballs. But, Wompler is a wild mare who many can't tame.

• Like 1

And I didn't think I was getting anything for my birthday this year. Thanks Jessica & Lennon for taking the time to put this out.

Yes!!!

By the way, if you guys like St Clair, Zouks and Parham together, check out episode 42 of improv4humans. Amazing.

YES. If anyone here has somehow ignored improv4humans, that is the perfect jumping off point.

Also, is this going to be a regular podcast? The advertisements made it sound like yes...

Having Bjork on for the christmas show was just a sheer holiday delight. Her performance of Silent Night was a moving experience. I wept.

I HAVE truly learned the meaning of "Womping it up" today. What a wonderful podcast.

I've been avoiding it for a while but I made a username just to say how excited I was for this podcast. Listening to it made my day 50 times better, womping up the jamz as we speak!

I love how much they've developed the world Wompler inhabits. If there's future episodes they could even introduce some other characters into the show. I really like the idea of a podcast that's very narrative heavy. I'm guessing this is all slightly more plotted than an average comedy bang bang episode even though it's still mostly improvised.

Also I found myself kind of agreeing with Scott. I kind of felt bad for Marissa and that's quite achievement for an improvised podcast character to have that much depth.

• Like 1

Hearing that "Christmas song by a Jew" reminded me of a 5 year old gay boy and I finally felt the Christmas spirit.

I love how deep and detailed the Wompler mythology goes.

So I was making a bologna sandwich at 2:45 in the morning. I hadn't had time to pantzoukis myself yet. And this weird woman held out her hands and asked me to back up. I stayed still from anywhere between 90 minutes to an hour and a half.

Anyone else have this experience?

I had a similar experience. I was walking around pantless at 2:25am last night, though I was going for a snack of Greek yogurt and white asparagus which, after being startled, I dropped in the yogurt, leaving quite an imprint.

One thing that struck me as amazing about this episode was how in-character everyone was. It seemed like everyone had re-listened to the Finger Guns episode, making sure their character stayed consistent with all the insane details that we already know about them.

I really hope Womp It Up comes a regular show. I love the idea of a podcast taking place in a completely fictional universe with an ever-expanding, ridiculous backstory.

• Like 3

So this was the first thing that made me smile after I heard about Newtown.

I'm not gonna lie, actually I laughed. That doesn't make me a bad person so

shut your goddamn judgy mouth.

thanks

jimmy_boston

Please let this follow the trend of other Earwolf Presents episodes and have it become a regular podcast. This was fantastic.

RIP Krispie.

Was the dog named Krispie in the Finger Guns episode, I thought it had a different name?

Sign in to follow this