πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 51.5 β€” Minisode 51.5

We asked you to vote which movie represented the best/worst Christmas movie and John Frankenheimer's last theatrical film, Reindeer Games (which you can watch on Netflix Instant) took the fruit cake! Paul goes through a special holiday Viewer Mail Bag and answers very important questions regarding the origin of kissing under the mistletoe, the worst version of a Christmas song, and why there aren’t more movies about Hanukkah. Be sure to keep submitting new logos for the show as we will choose one real soon!

JUST GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS...Pecan pie?.. anyway I didnt think i saw this until i remember I did and then blocked it out of my skull..oh dear flashback time.. cant wait

Paul- If you're looking for a suitable so-bad-it's-good Hanukkah movie, check out "The Hebrew Hammer." Standouts are Andy Dick's performance as "Damian Claus," Santa's power-hungry evil son, and Mario Van Peebles in one of the best send-ups of a blaxsploitation role I've ever seen.

• Like 1

crap on a crutch that bieber song was TERRIBLE

ugh, I'm not surprised there was a hit on that kids head

and shout out to a Cage Krampas! There needs to be a photo shop of that somewhere

picture below for reference

Β 

270035_497951303558550_2007777630_n.jpgnic-cage_0.jpg

Isn't today Jason's 40th birthday? Happy awkward greetings from complete strangers!

So I went to check if this was in UK Netflix. I kept typing in Reindeer Games into the search bar and only one thing kept popping up. So I was like 'why is this action movie-ish film called Deception popping up when I try to look for Reindeer Games?'

Β 

So I guess the moral of this story is that the movie is called Deception here in the UK. I'm not sure why. Maybe it'll become apparent as I watch it tonight. I hope I don't end up watching a completely different cut of the movie from you guys, like when you guys did 88 Minutes or The Wicker Man.

POW WOW this was amazing. Of the many gifts that this podcast has given me, this is easily in the top five.

Β 

Pure gold, from beginning to end. I cannot wait for this episode to go live.

There are a lot of contenders for worst holiday song every year, and the champ usually goes to Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time (as it should, that song is amazing). However, this year there is a new undisputed champion of bad holiday music:

Β 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNIDXUaVts

Β 

That is the video of a guy who would NEVER molest other dudes.

I looked up Surviving Christmas and the story behind its release is kind of crazy. It was released early so that it wouldn't hurt Paycheck's box office. This movie was so bad that Paycheck was the masterpiece between the two of them.

Still have Dan Foggelberg's "Same Old Lang Syne" and whomever cursed us with "Christmas Shoes" as 1a and 1b on the worst Christmas songs list.

Worst (best) thing you can say to a woman after fucking her under a false pretense, "I had better sex in prison."

• Like 1

SO HAPPY that Paul shouted out my favorite holiday film of all time... MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL!

I looked up Surviving Christmas and the story behind its release is kind of crazy. It was released early so that it wouldn't hurt Paycheck's box office. This movie was so bad that Paycheck was the masterpiece between the two of them.

I think that "Surviving Christmas" was actually on DVD BY Christmas, which was probably the best thing for it, because even successful CHristmas movies usually take nearly a year to hit home video, as no one's buying holiday flicks in the spring or summer. I've been reminded of this by the lobby advertising at my theater, which has been running the trailer for last year's holiday dud, "Arthur Christmas", non-stop for the last 2 months to promote it's DVD release. I think...I think I actually kind of want to see it now...

Β 

Seriously though, if you make a Christmas movie and it makes no money at the time of year when ANYTHING can make money, you have no business making movies.

From the writer of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen AND Transformers: Dark of the Moon comes... this movie. Oh man, what a piece of shit. Yet another example of how being an Oscar-winning screenwriter doesn't prevent you from choosing awful scripts to participate in. Oh, Ben, you would go on to make such good movies...

This movie is too tough for me to sit through.

Having just finished this movie, I am enraged that the world didn't today, because it would have spared me from this garbage movie that consists of nothing but ludicrous plot twist after plot twist. Watching it, it felt like the writer had seen Pulp Fiction once, said "I want to write that" and then had been immediately hit in the head with a brick, and then began writing Reindeer Games

Sign in to follow this