🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 83 — Mayans

We’re back in the hatch for a chat about Mayans. Tig, David, Kyle (via internet magic), and Aaron share their thoughts on the predictions of the end of the world, describe the Mayan calendar (with the power of Wikipedia), and swap stories of exploring the wilderness in their youth. Plus, Kyle plays us a Christmas song he’s been working on and Tig tells us about her past infatuation of hieroglyphics!

I can always tell PB is going to be good if there is no guest and you guys aren't super scholars about the subject at hand either. It brings out the best in you. Also please do a proper in studio performance of the lonely guy christmas song.

• Like 1

There's no mystery about what happened the the Mayans. Nostradamus didn't say anything about 2012, nor did he make any prediction that came true (you can hardly call his writings predictions anyway), and I can't find anything about this Merlin on Wikipedia. Speaking of Wikipeida, I'm only 20 minutes in and I think a quick skim through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon would have allowed you to speak in a way that didn't spread various untruths even farther.

The thing with 2012 is, it was mostly spread person to person as a joke, like "haha, won't have to worry about that, since the world's ending!", but people hear it over and over, and some people end up believing it, and others exploit it to sell books.

"I feel like people just loved ones and twos in that line-up of numbers."

Aaaand zeroes!

• Like 1

Well, I don't believe negativity is going to get us to the end of the world! C'mon, Matt Miller!!! Also, have you ever heard of "comedy"? It's an ancient Mayan word meaning... "it's funny because it's not necessarily true even though it sometimes is".

Luckily I won't have to live with the repercussions of this comment since the world is ending in 2 days.. ha ha.

There's no mystery about what happened the the Mayans. Nostradamus didn't say anything about 2012, nor did he make any prediction that came true (you can hardly call his writings predictions anyway), and I can't find anything about this Merlin on Wikipedia. Speaking of Wikipeida, I'm only 20 minutes in and I think a quick skim through http://en.wikipedia....2012_phenomenon would have allowed you to speak in a way that didn't spread various untruths even farther.

The thing with 2012 is, it was mostly spread person to person as a joke, like "haha, won't have to worry about that, since the world's ending!", but people hear it over and over, and some people end up believing it, and others exploit it to sell books.

• Like 1

I wished that they would have played this clip NASA put out about the Mayan calender. Was going to put it out day after the 21st but decided to release it earlier.

I think I know less about the Mayans now than I did before listening. Thanks Professor Blastoff! :)

I loved that first clip with the drunk guy who sounded like a hilariously overdone character. I still can't figure out whether Aaron's clips are supposed to be hilariously awful, or if they're just kind of chosen on the spur of the moment and come out that way.

Anybody remember which episode first featured Kyle's "I'm Alone" song?

I think it debuted in Episode 79, with guest Wyatt Cenac.

• Like 1

Yet another great episode. You guys (and GIRL) keep me entertained always.

Sign in to follow this