🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 5 — Shipwrecked

A large rift has left the gang stranded on the sinking ship. Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn) and Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo) must lash together the remaining wreckage to sail off into safety. Before they depart, Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch), Bartho Shett (Ken Daly), and Ell Ryan (Gerry Duggan) explore the ship for food and supplies. What does the dungeon master (Mr. Sark) have in store for them next? Will they survive? Can the spirit bear swim? Listen to find out! Plus, the gang shares a coconut filled tale of a past shipfucked D&D adventure.

• Like 3

I found myself clapping after Mr. Green's epic dice roll, that's when I realized how nerdy I really was. My friends and I are playing again after 8 long years, and we all really dig the show. However, my wife thinks you are completely fucked in your current situation. Can't wait for episde 6!

Love this show. I'm really pulling for them to land in a populated area... because I think the only thing that could make this better is unannounced NPC character cameos from whoever happens to be at Earwolf during the recordings. Matt Besser in a Bjork voice as a tavern wench? PFT as a city guard who sounds suspiciously like Ice-T? Andy Daly as a gnome who lives in a hat on a roof? Endless possibilities for hilarity considering they're surrounded by the funniest people ever.

• Like 1

This show is so much fun! Feels like a TPK is always right around every corner. That, or accidental murder. Something about not having any idea where or what the hell is going on has me glued to my computer every week. Can't wait to find out! Till then I am loving this escapade. Keep up the great work.

P.S. Brian, ILOVE YOU,(in a manly way) but,..do you know your mic is on while you sing over other people talking?!?!? You might as well eat chips while swallowing your mic. Same effect. IMHO you all would do well to set yourselves apart form your moms basement podcast and do a more professional clean show. I say this only because I want you to all to rock even harder.

• Like 1

Also, you should get yourselves on RPGpodcasts.com so more people (gamers) can get on board (or raft) with this show. Or some of the other Gamer websites where more people can be exposed to the awesome.

I lost it when Sarah said, in complete deadpan, "The approval I've been seeking my whole life" in response to Sark calling her clever.

• Like 1

My favorite moment so far was the description of the one getting hit by the giant hand and flying out of the boat while the others sing sea chanteys and say, "I wonder how that guy with the bear is doing, he's really growing on me." Great descriptive voice.

• Like 2

I don't play D&D but I thought I had a basic understanding of it. Why did the DM have to make a rule check and not just come up with his own Dex Check before they did the 'Tales from Previous DnD games'?

Great show, never fails to make me giggle like a little girl. Can't wait to see the torture Sark puts the group through.

Some ideas I had for the name of the past adventures segment:

"Past Adventures Segment"

"Brian Posehns Rape Fantasy Minute"

"Nerd Poker Lore"

"Nerd Poker Presents: Sweatin' to the Oldies"

"Nerd Poker Presents: Remember that Time..."

"Memories of Parties Past"

"Nerd Poker Presents: Precious Moments"

"Nerd Poker Presents: How to Party-wipe"

"Nerd Poker Presents: Fucking Up Your DM in 3 Easy Steps"

"Telling Stories While Everyone Else Hits a Bong"

"Nerd Poker Story Time"

You're welcome in advance.

fykNk.jpg

100% inspired by your podcast. I'm really hoping to hear "roll for initiative" in the next episode.. fingers crossed.

Wow I knew that scheduling for the show was difficult but I didn't know that only four episodes were recorded over two years before episodes were finally released. I have fallen in love with this show in it's short existence and it worries me to think that I might be losing it within a couple of weeks.

• Like 3

You know you are playing D&D when someone matter-of-factly asks, "Wait, why are we bringing the bodies?" as if they are packing a bag for the day.

I love this show. If anyone here is into comics, the new DeadPool with Gerry and Brian/Tony Moore is awesome. It would be sweet to see some semi-professional artwork for these characters. I can't sketch.

i would love to sketch this crew but a TPK could happen tomorrow! Also with the weird taping of this podcast I have no idea if this podcast has any future. Is this game currently being recorded? Is it over already and we don't know it? I am completely confused. No one involved seems to update anything other than episode descriptions.

Plus they need to put some clothes on.

Thanks guys and gal for the awesome show hope it last for a long time. I can't get enough of the spirit bear and hippie they're hillarious and blackee green is such a smartass. I kind of notice that the hot chick shipmate dissapeared after you guys left the ship. Hopefully you guys have enough room on the raft for 1 more cause who doesn't need a hot chick? Of all places a deserted island am i right? Perversion aside hope you all have a happy new year and brace yourselves.....more naked hippie is coming.

Well in this episode Brian mentioned that Episode 1 had just aired, which was just over a month ago, so we know they were still cranking them out then. A TPK this early would suck. This crew needs to live for a long time and continue to make a lot of dick jokes throughout the realm.

Sign in to follow this