🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lauren Tyree

84- Live in New York (w Ira Glass)

It’s a special podcast mashup this Christmas when the venerable Ira Glass joins Tig, David and Kyle on the Bell House stage in NYC. Tig and Ira discuss their questionable “fun things to do for free” in any city, including insulting unsuspecting strangers on the street and purposely misinforming partygoers. Armed with disturbing clips from This American Life, Ira tests the gang’s gag reflexes and improvises a few characters before debating the merits of forced political and religious conversions. Break out your magic Mormon underwear and cool beer for this unforgettable holiday episode.

I had no problem listening to those clips of the shark attack in this form, but when I listened to it on TIA, the continuous build wore me down to the point that I had to stop listening as they described what she figured was her own autopsy.

On the funnier side of things, Aaron's C Diff joke sold me on getting his CD.

On the funnier side of things, Aaron's C Diff joke sold me on getting his CD.

I thought this was the funniest thing Aaron has ever said on the show, and in general, he was pretty great in this episode.

I was listening to this while driving on the highway, so I couldn't listen to that TAL clip for fear that some sort of visceral reaction would be legitimately dangerous.

The non-chronological order made me enjoy Kyle's Don Pardo intro even more, because I had been wondering for the entire podcast part of the episode why he never made that obvious reference.

David doing like one minute of stand-up was really weird, but I'm guessing it was for time purposes. Overall the stand-up mini-sets were a nice bonus.

Did anyone else feel like everyone (particularly Ira) was piling on poor Aaron with the Mormonism thing? I enjoy a good wrangle as much as the next guy, but this seemed just on the line of good natured ribbing/mean spiritedness. A great episode though!

Just what the HELL kind of question is "Who is Kyle Dunnigan?" ?!

...If you ask me--that's nuts.

• Like 2

This episode is no good. Idk who ira gladss is, but from what I gather it sounds as if he hosts a podcast. Everyone seemed to be swooning over him, but I like hearing what Kyle, David, and tig have to say more than this Irá fellow. And happy birthday dan.

It's funny this should come up, cos I actually fainted a couple days ago reading a wikipedia page on some surgery operation, with photos. I fell straight to the floor and whacked my head. So when people ask "Oh god were you in a fight yesterday or something!?" I have to say "No I fainted while sitting at my desk."

I heard the episode of American Life and was fine though. That was a cool espiode.

Sign in to follow this