🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 17 — Best of Shortwave 2012

As we ring in the new year we want to say thank you to all the listeners. Today we dig into the Shortwave archives to enjoy some live performances from guests such as Aimee Mann, Glen Phillips, Susanna Hoffs, Rhett Miller, YACHT, and much more.

• Like 1

This was one of the most well crafted shows Earwolf has put out. I only listened to a few episodes of this, but put this one on for my daughters in the car today. It was so well executed between the structure, recap of episodes and songs, that it really struck me. The reads on the commercials were the best in the business as well.

Great stuff, just great stuff.

• Like 5

I'm sad to see this go away, too.

It seems that all the comedians and musicians know each other in LA, though. The Largo/UCB crowd seems to be tight-knit. Think someone else could take up the mantle? Please? For the love of god?

• Like 1

I miss it too. Mixing a new band every week was a lot of work, but rewarding. Really proud of the episodes we made.

So wait, is Short-wave done for good? I thought there was just a break for Grant to tour/write/have a family?

It appears that we're on an indefinite hiatus with Shortwave. We're really happy with the episodes we did have though, but sometimes our podcasts end up being more of a series than on ongoing production.

Grant's great, so you should check his website to keep track of what he's up to!

Sign in to follow this