🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JacobCrites

Snubs and Flubs!

And now it's time for the issue of Entertainment Weekly where we talk about what episodes were snubbed during the Best of 2012 podcast, and how it flubbed when it snubbed them!

What are your favorite episodes that didn't make the cut.

-Repeat Your Keyword

This was top 5 for me. Can't believe it was relegated to bonus material.

-Words With Friends

I that Peele was brilliant on this, and Gillian brought some great stuff to the table. My favorite episodes are when we get really in depth with one crazy character, and this did not disappoint.

-Mop Water

A genius concept that took awhile to pay off, but it was worth it in the end.

This is a Safe Zone

I thought Brian Huskey was incredible on this; I know a lot of people didn't care for it, but this is one of my most-listened-to eps of the year.

-Ghost Protocol

I think people just forgot about this one because it's the first episode of the year. For my money (time is money so...idk what I'm saying) it's Herzog's best appearance.

-Popcorn.com

This was one of those veer-off-the-road episodes for me. Tim and Eric explaining the ridiculous complexity of popcorn.com and the popcorn.com search engine just killed me. And I actually liked Adomian on this one, contrary to popular opinion.

My top ones that didn't make it, that you haven't mentioned already

Return to Suicide House: I thought this episode was amazing, my favorite Halloween CBB episode ever. I thought the rap should at least be a bonus

2011 Holiday Spectacular: Amazing episode that was too long ago to be a serious contender in the voting.

Apicklelypse: Matzoukas and Brie had amazing chemistry, and it was nice hearing Odenkirk as Saul Goodman

Breaking Bread: Odenkirk was awesome as always and I enjoyed Bessar playing the Pope

Yeah Besser's Pope was underrated. I loved how goofy and unsubtle it was. I think the first thing he said was that his hat was big enough to hide a child under.

And the Mantzoukas/Brie/Odenkirk episode was wonderful; amazing chemistry, first of all; second of all, "Chief Queef."

So this thread is basically list every episode that didn't make it? Okay I'm game.

I already mentioned Grammy Spectacular in the other thread, I hope Amy Phillips comes back more often and becomes appreciated because the show could do with more funny female character performers.

135 - Scavenge and the Wisemen - Erinn Hayes, Paul F. Tompkins, Dan Telfer

Paul and Scott on the origin of Christmas is great and seemed to be the precursor to a similar bit in Time Bobby.

169 - Immortal Mustache - Jay Chandrasekhar, Paul F. Tompkins

Although it's since been retconned, Cake Boss being revealed to be an immortal steward to watch over mankind is one of my favourite moments. And I love Paul suddenly breaking down when getting Scott to tell story about talking to a DJ as Popeye

So this thread is basically list every episode that didn't make it? Okay I'm game.

You're a little stinker.

-Repeat your Keyword, Popcorn.com, and Highly Illogical. I could seriously listen to Tim talk about his made-up side projects and product tie-ins all day every day. Stitches? Spring Dingers? Ching Chong Matinee? All of these things had me rolling. I'm especially surprised Highly Illogical didn't get a nod since besides the Tim bit it also had one of the most memorable DiMello appearances (he was beating the shit outta some old lady!).

-Clones and Oliver Stones- very much in the vein of a Farts and Pro, or a Farts and Pro 2. Maybe suffered from being released too early in the year?

eh the top 10 was pretty solid overall. I think a couple of episodes in there might've been slightly overrated due to a famous guest. Here are the 2 I voted for that didn't get in:

163 - Ken Marino - Burning Love Episode

177 - Key/Peele Bj Novak and Wyatt Cenac, all were super funny loved Key and Peele's characters

I loved all the eps that actually made the top ten, but one of my favourites that didn't make it would be the Halloween show. It's off the wall mental insane and the 20 man rap is just the best.

As the quality of the show is generally so high (with some exceptions of course, it is improv after all!) there were lots of great episodes that didn't make it to the top ten, but the only one whose abscense (including from the bonus highlights) really shocke me was MOP WATER aka MIKE THE JANITOR - to me this was one of the best episodes of the whole series ever.

Like september 11 2001, I can totally remember what I was doing when I listened to it (that's actually true for several of my fav episodes!) and I was rapt with delight the whole time, it was just so thoroughly entertaining.

Seriously, I wasn't sitting but I was like on the edge of my proverbial seat the whole time waitng to see how ALW would slowly put the pieces together as to his true identity. Meanwhile, his enduring class consciousness which even the bounds of amnesia could not shackle was just fucking hilarious!

Really suprised that even paul f thompkins was hyping the orphan episode (which was great too) instead of Mike the Janitor.

Oh well!

Agreed about Mop Water. The whole journey of it is just hilariously convoluted and fun. I love how ALW's tender confession is shot down by Scott saying "I just don't feel the same way." And when Justin asks why Scott didn't want ALW's friendship, Scott says "Have you ever seen Starlight Express?"

Stones and Oliver Clones might be my favorite CBB of all time. Can't believe it didn't get a mention, even for a b-b-b-bonu-s-s-s clip.

I'm sort of stunned that Popcorn.com didn't make the cut. That's easily my favorite episode ever of CBB. I personally loved Adomian playing Dr Brauner - and Tim's Spring Dinger rant on the good doctor was epic.

Stones and Oliver Clones might be my favorite CBB of all time. Can't believe it didn't get a mention, even for a b-b-b-bonu-s-s-s clip.

I just don't think it had enough little white hats.