🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Leil_28030

The Experts (1989)

I don't know why The Experts suddenly came into my mind the other day, but suddenly it did, and I knew you guys needed to see this movie. John Travolta and Arye Gross are hot NYC night club promoters who are approached by Charles Martin Smith with an offer to come re-vamp the night club in his quiet Nebraska town. After agreeing, they board a plane, where they are promptly drugged, and wake up in a town that looks like Mayberry, but is in fact a training camp for KGB sleeper agents who are learning to infiltrate America. I won't tell you what happens from there, I'm just going to say that if Brian can make it all the way through the dance scene between Travolta and Kelly Preston without masturbating, I will literally shit my pants.

No Retreat, No Surrender is Van Damme's first American film, in which he plays a bit role as the evil Russian martial artist. If that's not enough to get you interested, dig this: the protagonist recieves martial arts training from the ghost of Bruce Lee. And if you're still not interested, then fuck you guys, you're crazy.

And last but not least, The Last Dragon.

This film is perhaps best known as the film where John Travolta and Kelly Preston met and fell in love, and have stayed together ever since.

Arye Gross is one of the classic "that guy!" actors of all time.

He had quite a second banana run in the eighties:

Just One of the Guys

Soul Man

Tequila Sunrise

.. and this steaming pile of horseshit.

I feel like this movie was the last thing Travolta did before he resurfaced in Pulp Fiction, but nope, there was the whole Look Who's Talking franchise, which reminds me...

Watched this last week for the first time... Still not 100% sure who the hell they made this film for as its such a bonkers mess