🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JobianDay

How Did This Get Made - Variant - A Good Movie That Is Totally Unique

Like Todd Phillips amazing College flick about GG Allin - Hated in the Nation..?

Like I'd totally LOVE to know How the fuck that Movie got made.. It'd be awesome if he'd do the episode. .. I mean he doesn't have to worry about shit now.

I think that would be interesting. I mean, sometimes I'll watch a movie that I like and literally think, "how DID this get made?" I mean, 'Phantom of the Paradise'? 'Intruder'? (the 1989 slasher flick that was made for about no money... set in a grocery store). Even something prestigious and classy like 'Diving Bell and the Butterfly' ("anyone want to make a movie about a paralyzed Frenchman who can only move his left eye so he writes a book via blinking?")

I'd be interested in hearing discussion about how you take these unappealing, unmarketable subjects (from GG Allin to paralysis) and make compelling stories about them in the visual medium of movies. However, I feel that unless the material is appropriately whacked-out and the filmmakers themselves are guests (like your suggestion for the Todd Philips movie), it's reaching into the territory of a different type of podcast. This one is more to celebrate awfulness or, at least, outrageousness..... which characterizes GG Allin rather succinctly.

tl;dr That'd be cool, just as long as it doesn't veer too far from the purpose of this podcast.

Sign in to follow this