🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JustinL

Second Opinion: OLD DOGS

Wow. So far this was the most dispiriting one to do. So many of these reviews sound completely twisted if read a certain way. Maryann's mother sounds like she's enduring a punishment thought up by Dante.

Five-Star Amazon Reviews of Old Dogs

funny movie - old dogs, July 15, 2010

By Tara L. Belcher "TLBel" (Jeffersonville, Indiana United States)

the movie takes a few minutes to take off....but it is well worth the wait.

Memories, April 19, 2010

By Tirzah Beattie

We had seen the movie Wild Hogs and were told we needed to see this one

At first we were not sure because of the title

But it was great

We all laughed and remembered things when we were younger

Thanks

funny, September 24, 2012

By dish

This movie is so funny. I was having surgery and needed to be quite in the room and all I could do is laugh!!

Rotti, January 5, 2011

By Maryann Hood "Rotti lover" (Buffalo,NY USA)

Ordered this movie for my mom. She loves it and sits and watches it over and over and can never laugh enough. The movie arrived in excellent shape.

DVD Old Dogs, March 24, 2011

By Joanne K "Shirl"

If you want a good laugh - this is the movie to watch. I loved it so much in the theater that i wanted a copy to watch when I'm in the mood.

Movie goer, September 6, 2012

By james

TRAVOLTA AND WILLIAMS AT THIER BEST. GREAT STORY LINE. GREAT CASTING. BACKGROUND AND YOUNG KIDS MADE THE MOVIE SO ENJOYABLE.

Very funny, March 27, 2010

By L. Muccilli "Hairwizard46" (Prescott Valley, Az)

Lately, John Travolta--last 3 yrs or so, has bombed in the theater so i wasnt expecting very much when my husband rented this movie--i was greatly and pleasantly surprised at the great lines of humor in this movie-Non stop action and humor all through this movie. The movie had a great cast and they interacted well with each other. Im not much of a comedy movie watcher as so few movies are funny but this was really great comedy. I dont agree with the comment that the scene with Seth Green was child oriented humor--hey, we are all children at heart and this interaction between the gorilla and Seth Green was hilarious. I guess it depends on what type of humor you enjoy as there are all sorts of diff types of humor. Also, i know it took a lot of courage and strength for John Travolta, who lost his only son Jett, to a terrible accident, and was beside himself with grief as were all parents who have lost a child. To do this movie, especially when it envolved children, had to be really hard on him. Interestingly enough, Travoltas daughter and wife--in real life-- starred in this movie. John, you were great in this movie as well as your wife, and daughter. Bless your heart.

Old Dogs, July 19, 2010

By D. Johnson "Movie Mogal" (New Mexico)

Was a good movie, but not a good as all the hype.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

"On a Scale From 1 to Bigfoot" Award:

A gem if you can handle gut busting humor, March 30, 2010

By Calinae (North of Denver)

I think that if you liked Harry and the Hendersens and Wild Hogs, you will enjoy this movie with the same kind of laughable abandon.

Don't think too hard about this one, just chill and let the laughter roll.

"Disgustingly Funny" Award:

You have to be a certain age to appreciate, March 7, 2010

By H. Bilyk "Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist" (Chicago)

For those of us in the "old dog" age group it is laugh out load funny.

"I Took One Half of One Sentence of Your Review" Award:

A wonderful movie, May 3, 2010

By Amy B. Sayers "Amy in Florida" (Orlando, Florida)

I first saw this on a plane and had to rush out...

Don't understand all the hate on movie websites for "Old Dogs". It's a comedy - I laughed.

:D

As a movie starring Robin Williams about a father and his children, it's a lot better than "Hook". Williams and Travolta have great comic timing and no scenes drag.

If people have a problem with understanding the plot, they should forget about watching anything more demanding than "Jack and Jill".

As a movie starring Robin Williams about a father and his children, it's a lot better than "Hook".

This statement is factually incorrect.

Sign in to follow this